How to Restore Iphone 3G with firmware 4.2.1 and base band 6.15?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by qadeer37, Dec 22, 2010.

1. qadeer37 macrumors newbie

:apple::( Hi, I have an iphone 3G and things went horribly wrong when I was trying to update it to 4.2.1 firmware. I tried to jailbreak it things went quite smoth upto this point but after upgrading it to 4.2.1 I jailbreaked it with red snow and updated it to base band 6.15 but after doing that I wasn't able to make connection to my network I know there is a step which I missed that I had to go to cydia and install a thing called snow or something but instead of doing that I went to itunes 10.1 and ran the restore but the restore failed and my mobile went into restore mode showing an USB and Itunes icon above it. I tried to run itunes restore few times but didn't work so I reinstalled the baseband with redsnow butttttt after doing all that I haven't been able restore my iphone back to working condition. please help I have been searching internet for about 3 days now. I can hardly open my eyes to read anything on my pc.lol.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do you have Shsh's for 4.1 by any chance?
    If not you will need a custom ipsw created with pwnage tool to restore to that.
    You will not be able to restore to regural 4.2.1 thru itunes any longer since you installed the ipad BB.

3. machasm macrumors member

4. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

you don't need to read on your pc anymore! have you tried youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1dNq5g3Kk

5. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

he has a 3g