How to restore my original MAC address to iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noderator, Apr 4, 2013.

1. noderator macrumors newbie

Hello guys!
    Today i have been trying to change my mac adress on iphone 4. Now i know that was a horrible mistake:/. I have changed it succesfuly with a tool called "mobile terminal" to 00:00:00:00:00:01. Then i have connected my device to itunes. Now i can't connect with my wi-fi:/. I can use 3g though. Any tips ?
    plx help.. (btw i don't know my old adress:S)

sorry for my bad language.

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Did you try a full restore via iTunes? I think the mac address used to be on the back on iPhone box.

3. noderator, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013

noderator thread starter macrumors newbie

@UPDATE@
    My applications work correctly

@Diseal3@
    yes i thought its on the back of the box, unfortunately its not there, only IMEI, and some serial numbers.. and the full restore via iTunes doesn't help too:/

:eek::mad::confused:

i have an great idea, i can jailbreak, download cydia, then mobile terminal and change it back to my forward mac adress, but where can i find it ??? or should i change it to someone's elses iphone mac adress?

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

5. noderator, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013

noderator thread starter macrumors newbie

there's an application that gives you free coins for downloading their game. It does identify your device by your mac adress, i thought its easy going so i can change it loads of time and earn coins easily.

well i have done it correctly - i ve earned free coins, but what now? i can't connect to my wi-fi. Any suggests?

@update@
    everything works correctly- except wi-fi. When i look to my settings/general/about, in a wifi row its written "N/A", and the switch in my settings/wifi doesnt work, it's not even higlighted.

6. noderator thread starter macrumors newbie

UFFF!! i got it back, finaly ive rescued my iphone :),
    if some of you were stupid enough to do the same thing, the solution is short ; all you need to do is
    1)jailbreak ur iphone
    2)download mobile terminal
    3)ask some others owners of iphone for 6 first signs of their wifi adress
    4)put those 6 at first places of ur new mac adress
    5)shot some numbers in last 3 pairs
    6)pray for success :>

Problem solved, thread closed, and a small lesson for the others.
    Have a nice day.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You forgot:

7) Pray you never meet an Apple device owner that legitimately holds that same MAC address, and don't happen to try connecting to the same subnet. Ever.

And this is why we write down hardware-level identifiers before we alter them, boys and girls. :)

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I'd save that prayer for winning the lottery. I suspect my chances would be higher lol.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

10. noderator thread starter macrumors newbie

@mrbobb@
    I bet 100usd I'm older than you :>
    that wasn't just a desire of having some funny game coins, that game is a TXH Poker, and I'm a bit addicted to gambling.
    @scaredpoet@
    I bet 1M usd that wouldn't ever happen :D

anyways, that case experienced me alot about iP specifications and system structure.

11. Aoshacker macrumors newbie

Hmmm, maybe to escape the Cisco parental controls? It blocks Mac addresses. Easy bypass: change Mac! :).

(Then gamble?)