How to see custom contact name, delete all email and see calendar block apts?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lulla, Feb 20, 2014.

1. lulla macrumors newbie

Q1:
    contacts give option to add a custom name w/in the contact such as...
    custom1: bob cell
    custom2: mary cell

When sending a text to bob, then a text to mary via phone/ipad/mac... when either of them reply the name reads: bob & mary smith, instead of 'bob cell' or 'mary cell'. this can make conversations confusing.

Where is the setting to have CUSTOM name appear in the reply text??
    (other than separating family contacts back to individuals... 1 family, 2 adults, 4 kids, 1 email, 1 address - time waster to have to enter, re-enter all that info for 6 people when the 'custom' name should stamp, after all apple gave us the handy feature :)

Q2: is there a way to delete all on ipad/iphone? currently i'm having to tap/delete the same emails off my iPhone/iPad that i've already deleted off my mac.
    iOS devices: Mail/ All Inboxes or 'specific account' get feature: edit/mark all>as read. where is the mark all/delete?
    IF I get it to trash, THEN I get the delete all option... kind of redundant?
    We still have to edit tap, tap, tap... delete or swipe/trash, swipe trash...
    How can I reduce the time consumption? Thought I read I could set up iCloud to receive my emails from ISP(pop) & gmail accounts then they go back to me via iCloud? so when I've read them from my mac/deleted/filed then that would apply across my iOS devices saving me from re-deleting? not sure how to do this if it can be done.

Q3: calendar !?!... trying to see anything in my calendar is a huge PAIN! (really fun trying to make appoitments with others waiting after you). We see monthly view, but you can NOT see your 'month w/ day blocks' for a quick scan to see how full that day is, when that ballgame is or what day that appointment was on - now we have to search the dots. IS there a way to get the previous calendar style back? not to mention the washout colors - really, who can see the highlighted day in pale pink?

all the handy life devices are sucking the time to spend on life right outta us!
    any help would be great! thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Re Q1:
    The contact is "bob & mary smith" and that's who your phone should identify. That is, if I get a call from "Fred Jones" on his "work" number I don't want to see that I'm getting a call from "work".

Re Q2:
    I don't know who all your email providers are but you should set them up as IMAP on all devices if possible.

Re Q3:
    The Calendar app did take a step back in my opinion also. I use CalenMob for a few alternate views.