How to send Flash SMS (aka 0 sms)? Its sending a txt but your number does not show:)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mdee4, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mdee4 macrumors regular

Flash sms is a txt message that you send to someone but it cannot be saved to their inbox and it does not display the senders number on their phone.

I have an iphone 2G on 3.0 firmware with AT&T.

How can I send a flash sms from my iphone?

Is there a way to send a flash sms from my computer to someone's phone?

Please, any info will be very very appreciated!!!!

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I know there is a way to send SMS from ones computer through email. The method to do so is different depending on the carrier of the reciever, but you can do a quick google search for something like, send sms through email, to find the appropriate info.

I somehow doubt the iPhone is capable of doing something like that, so I would search further to see if it's possible to do that flash thing through an email.

3. mdee4 thread starter macrumors regular

This was possible on the iphone on 2.0 firmware, but now its not working on 3.0 firmware from what I've seen.

I know I can send a message from email to a phone, but is there a way that I can do that so that they can't see what the email or anything is??

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

To supplement the PM I sent you, you can also just make any hotmail or yahoo or gmail address for free.