How To Share a Playlist So You Can Play On Your iPhone With One (Or a Few) Clicks

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jamesmcnee, May 23, 2017.

1. jamesmcnee macrumors member

Every week I make a music playlist and share it with family and friends.

As a computer based geezer what I do is:
    • create the playlist on my Mac computer in iTunes
    • drag the songs to a folder on my desktop
    • compress that folder into a zip file
    • upload the zip file to my Google Drive
    • send an email to my people with a description and a link to Google Drive file
    The recipient then:
    • receives the email with link
    • clicks to download the file to their computer
    • unzips the file
    • drags the folder and songs to iTunes
    • plays on whatever device
    But it has come to my attention that some of my people are not computer based (or at least their computer is not their primary device). Those people read my email and want to play my playlist on their iPhone without going through the computer.

I can’t figure out an easy way for them to get my playlist on their iPhone — the download / unzip / into iTunes / play seems too much.

I’ll keep sending the email / link to my “computer users” but I wonder if anyone has suggestions for the “iPhone users” to get my email and play on their iPhone without jumping through hoops.

Now we get into territory I don’t understand so forgive me if I say something stupid or obvious or …
    • It wouldn’t be a big deal for me to merge the individual tracks into one big “song.”
    • And I expect I can set up a blog or simple website to “host” something if that might be the answer.
    • Can I set it up as a “podcast” just for my people? (preferably without going through all the iTunes Store policies and procedures)
    • How could I set up a “stream” or whatever so they just click on the link to play?
    • Do I need special apps / subscriptions / …?
    I trust you get where I’m going.

Any advice would be much appreciated — either solutions or other places I might look for support

2. jamesmcnee thread starter macrumors member