How to ship my old iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jian, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jian macrumors regular

So now I have my shiny grey 5s, I'm gonna give my iPhone 5 to my dad who lives in San Francisco. (I live in Vegas)
    Now my concern is how to ship that little toy, didn't USPS stopped shipping batteries thus including iPhones?
    In the past when I sell iPhones via whatever method, including Gazelle or private buyers, I simply USPS it, can I do it this year? since they are the cheapest.
    Or do I have to go UPS/FedEx?
    Anybody with recent experience?

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Few months back when I bought an iPhone from eBay the seller shipped it through USPS priority mail.You can go and inquire about it,they will give u the info u need.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

UPS/FedEx; you probably want to use them anyways due to superior tracking and insurance.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

Gazelle still uses USPS, so it must not be a problem.

5. Exio macrumors regular

Recently sold a few of my phones on Ebay. The best and cheapest way (also extremely convenient) is to get some of the smaller sized flat rate boxes from the USPS. For around $5 you get tracking and everything included, and you simply just drop it off at your nearest USPS location. Extremely easy.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sheesszaloo is this a hard decision? U are shipping a tiny phone with a tiny weight, use whatever ur comfortable, Done.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

Use the priority flat-rate from USPS. Tracking is included and delivery in 2 to 3 days. :)