Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViDeOmAnCiNi

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
AZ
"Unknown number" as in "not in your contacts" or when the number is hidden? I often get calls (expected ones) from people/companies I haven't saved. What I don't like is when the number is hidden though and those are the ones I'd like to block.

UGH.. this feature thinks anything outside of contacts is an 'unknown' number. This is NOT what I wanted. I need it to just block callers that come up on screen as "UNKNOWN" I've tried and tried to block these via making a contact and block it to no avail. :-\

supastylin

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Does it really send them straight to voicemail? Or does it make it make them sent through ringing, without alerting you?

SuperOG

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2019
Well, I believe this is just not enough.

Scams make up an estimated 40 percent of all unknown calls, while the other 60 percent are “legitimate” calls, like those that come from doctors, pharmacies, libraries, schools, political candidates, etc... What about those?

Or if my child runs out of battery and tries to call me using his friend's phone.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Well, I believe this is just not enough.

Scams make up an estimated 40 percent of all unknown calls, while the other 60 percent are “legitimate” calls, like those that come from doctors, pharmacies, libraries, schools, political candidates, etc... What about those?

Or if my child runs out of battery and tries to call me using his friend's phone.

My doctor, pharmacy, etc would leave a voicemail. You can get alerted when you get voicemail.

I don't consider a call from a political candidate legitimate. They're incredibly annoying and I don't want them ringing my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.