Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scorchin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2019
How to stop mac os mojave Chrome vers. 73.0.3683.86 'auto-launch' at startup.

the open at login option is unchecked, but still opens at login, how do you stop this action ?

Scorchin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2019
I did a reinstall and the problem went away for a few shutdowns then reverted to auto launching w/o being prompted.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Check: System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items

Is Chrome listed? If so, click the small lock at the bottom, enter your admin password, and then remove Chrome.

Scorchin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2019
Check: System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items

Is Chrome listed? If so, click the small lock at the bottom, enter your admin password, and then remove Chrome.
one of the first steps i tried, there is no Chrome listed...

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
one of the first steps i tried, there is no Chrome listed...

Do you have any other apps that might be launching at startup that require Chrome to run? Chrome extensions or apps for example? There really isn't any other place than what we covered that Chrome would be automatically starting up from.

Scorchin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2019
Do you have any other apps that might be launching at startup that require Chrome to run? Chrome extensions or apps for example? There really isn't any other place than what we covered that Chrome would be automatically starting up from.
[doublepost=1553640601][/doublepost]No chrome apps or extensions loaded, so none to turn off..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.