how to swap lines between iP4 and iP4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MSampson, Sep 25, 2012.

1. MSampson macrumors member

Can someone outline all the steps to take to swap my iP4S with my husbands iP4?
    I want to do this tonight so that he now has the iP4S with his phone number, contacts and all apps and data.

Tomorrow I will be getting an iP5 that used his upgrade eligibility. I want to have the iP4 and the iP5 in my possession to do the upgrade swap and I don't want any hiccups to happen to his line as he is going out of town early Thursday so I wouldn't have time to get him a new sim if something screws up tomorrow with the iP5 upgrade swap.

2. MSampson thread starter macrumors member

3. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

Are you on AT&T? Just swap SIM cards and then restore the 4S to the backup from the 4 to get all contacts/apps/settings

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

If on AT&T do the following:
    Create a backup
    Reset all content and setting
    Swap SIM card
    Setup new iPhone and select restore from backup
    Allow iPhone to backup...done!

5. MSampson thread starter macrumors member

Yay. Restoring both phones from backups now.

For a while I was screwed because I needed my wifi password which was stored on the phone I had just wiped in order to get to my iCloud backup. Luckily I found a copy of it on my iPad notepad.

Now to just wait for the UPS guy tomorrow for my iPhone 5 :)

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Hint: tape a piece of paper on your wifi router with the password. And the access to the admin section. Trust me, you will love this idea one day.

Oh, reason you probably did not get an answer... it was being asked almost hourly last week and folks got tired of people not reading the existing posts - they have died off now. ATT also has instructions that I saw somewhere on the first few pages of their website.