How to sync messages between 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hackerwayne, Mar 25, 2013.

1. hackerwayne, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Right, heres the thing. iPhones battery sucks. admit it. So im now having 2 iPhones in hand, Good ol iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. When one runs out battery, i swapped phones and continue my day on the second phone. The problem? The messages and call logs are different. As in, the texts i sent in the backup phone won't appear in the primary phone. How can i keep the things synced together? As in things i do on the primary phone will also be on the backup phone, vice versa.

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

You'd have to keep an up to date iCloud backup before the first phone dies and then get the info from iCloud on the second device. Ever think of just having a portable battery charger other than a whole new phone?

3. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Bought a new phone, and still have my iPhone 4 around, so why not use it? As far as i know, iCloud doesn't backup Messages and call logs right?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It backs up both, actually.

5. erichess22 macrumors regular

It sure does.

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

iCloud will back up what you need. Although I'm with the other poster. Why not sell the 4 and buy a mophie case or something similar. Seems like a better solution than the backup/restore from iCloud.

7. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Right. Thanks for the heads up. Imma try it now. Didn't know it does cuz it doesn't show that option in iClouds preferences

8. erichess22 macrumors regular

Yeah I had to find out the hard way. Breaking my phone. I thought I was going to loose all that but it was there. Good luck to ya!

9. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

So now im having some issues. Ive backed up my main phone onto iCloud and also to my Mac, what i did was restored my 2nd phone and hit "Restore from Backup" in iTunes. So now i have identical backup on both phones. But when i go into iCloud on the 2nd phone, it ask me to backup this device as well, so i will eventually end up with 2 different backups. My question is how do i share the same 1 backup across multiple devices and have them synced real time when internet connection is active (WiFI/3G)? Instead of creating different backup on 1 device? Cuz now in this setup, when i do stuffs on phone A, that *can* be copied over to phone B using a rubbish solution (Reset the phone, restore from iCloud. But i can't do that everyday of course :( )

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't believe what you want is possible.

11. erichess22 macrumors regular

Reload it on the same back up. I don't know otherwise. Good luck.

12. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Thats not possible. Each phone has 1 backup. So i will end up with 2 backup and cant merge them

13. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Just tap them together!!!

Saw it on a TV commercial!!......Oh, sorry, that must be Samsung!! ( just having fun. I have an IP5 after getting rid of a Galaxy S3. Get the Mophie Juice Pak and you will have plenty of battery life.

14. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Well then.. I guess im gonna buy a battery pack :(:rolleyes: