How to Sync "other" (gf's, sports team schedule) calendars in gmail to my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Leafs, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Leafs macrumors member

Hi I posted this in the tips section but got no responses so just thought I would try here as I think more people check here

I've been trying to figure this out for sooo long and am getting so frustrated at it.

All I want to do is sync the "other" calendars in my gmail calendars to my iPhone. I've tried the m.google.com/sync thing and it didn't work. The calendars I want to sync are my girlfriends that she has shared with me and a calendar that I am subscribed to, the Toronto Maple Leafs schedule. Can anyone please help me???? I just want to be able to see these calendars on my calendar iPhone app.

Oh and I know you can just add her account to my iphone but there has to be a simpler way? If I do it that way I also do not get my Toronto Maple Leafs schedule on my iphone. So there has to be some way I am missing.

Also I do not use ical as I dont have a mac...

Thanks so much

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if you can do it if your phone is set up in imap.. Make sure it's set up as exchange.. Then go to m.google.com/sync and choose the calnedars

3. Leafs thread starter macrumors member

My phone is set up in exchange... I did go through the m.google.com/sync way on my phone and i clicked my gf's and exited safari and it is still not there.... Also through the m.google.com/sync way the Toronto Maple Leafs schedule didn't pop up for me to choose either. So I don't know if this is the way I want to sync it???

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Did you restart after enabling them in m.google.com/sync?

5. Leafs thread starter macrumors member

you have to restart your phone???? I just did it and it didnt do anything :(

6. Leafs thread starter macrumors member

I just got it to work! Went back and tried the m.google.com/sync and I must have saved it wrong last time or something. Anyways got my gf's to show up.

Now have to know how to get subscribed calendars into my calendar. It wont show up to sync in the m.google.com/sync site. Anyone know? Thanks

7. Leafs thread starter macrumors member

Following this site:

http://www.ideaexcursion.com/2009/06/17/howto-sync-google-calendar-on-iphone-os-3-0/

My subscribed calendar for the Toronto maple leafs does not have the iCal address. Only the HTML one. I'm starting to think it is not possible? Anyone else know? thanks

Found this:

http://groups.google.com/group/goog...hread/6505ea2099651ade/93393efc4ad3f22b?pli=1

and

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=7a5c8c6e1ac7a46f&hl=en

looks like google is blocking it.... sucks. Going to try adding with yahoo.
    thanks all.

8. RambleOn33 macrumors newbie