How to synch old photos on my Iphone to Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by petalino, Jun 1, 2012.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I have a few questions about innerworkings of Photo Stream.

I have about 800 photos on my Ipnone 3Gs.
    Just recently I updated to the most recent OS 5.1.1, but have not updated the OS for a long time skipping several past updates.

After getting OS 5.1.1, I enabled Icloud and Photo stream on the old Iphone and my brand new Ipad (also 5.1.1) I can succesfully synchronize recently taken photos to show in in the Photos APP on both devices under Photo Stream tab.

Now here comes the question: Even though I enabled Photo Stream on my old Iphone, all photos taken before I upgraded the IOS are not being synchronized. They do not show up on the IPAD.

The recent photos though, are visible on both devices.

How can I make the old photos on my Iphone show up on Photo Stream?

2. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

there may be an answer.....

3. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

This might be a stupid workaround, but if you have a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for your iPad, you could try importing the old pictures on the PC, copying them to a SD card, and using the SD via CCK via iPad to send those oldies to PhotoStream (as far as I understand, every time you plug your SD card and the iPad reads it, it can send them all to photostream).
    I have the iPad and the CCK but never tried photostream before, so take this "workaround" with a grain of salt.

But it might work.

4. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply, but I am sure that there must be an easier way to do this.

Im surprised that noone else has any opinion or advice about it so far.

5. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Try this then (but now don't tell me you don't have a Mac :D)