How to synch old photos on my Iphone to Photo Stream?

petalino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
I have a few questions about innerworkings of Photo Stream.

I have about 800 photos on my Ipnone 3Gs.
Just recently I updated to the most recent OS 5.1.1, but have not updated the OS for a long time skipping several past updates.

After getting OS 5.1.1, I enabled Icloud and Photo stream on the old Iphone and my brand new Ipad (also 5.1.1) I can succesfully synchronize recently taken photos to show in in the Photos APP on both devices under Photo Stream tab.

Now here comes the question: Even though I enabled Photo Stream on my old Iphone, all photos taken before I upgraded the IOS are not being synchronized. They do not show up on the IPAD.

The recent photos though, are visible on both devices.

How can I make the old photos on my Iphone show up on Photo Stream?

petalino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
there may be an answer.....

I have a few questions about innerworkings of Photo Stream.

I have about 800 photos on my Ipnone 3Gs.
Just recently I updated to the most recent OS 5.1.1, but have not updated the OS for a long time skipping several past updates.

After getting OS 5.1.1, I enabled Icloud and Photo stream on the old Iphone and my brand new Ipad (also 5.1.1) I can succesfully synchronize recently taken photos to show in in the Photos APP on both devices under Photo Stream tab.

Now here comes the question: Even though I enabled Photo Stream on my old Iphone, all photos taken before I upgraded the IOS are not being synchronized. They do not show up on the IPAD.

The recent photos though, are visible on both devices.

How can I make the old photos on my Iphone show up on Photo Stream?

ipsychedelic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
This might be a stupid workaround, but if you have a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for your iPad, you could try importing the old pictures on the PC, copying them to a SD card, and using the SD via CCK via iPad to send those oldies to PhotoStream (as far as I understand, every time you plug your SD card and the iPad reads it, it can send them all to photostream).
I have the iPad and the CCK but never tried photostream before, so take this "workaround" with a grain of salt.

But it might work.

petalino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Thanks for your reply, but I am sure that there must be an easier way to do this.

Im surprised that noone else has any opinion or advice about it so far.

This might be a stupid workaround, but if you have a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for your iPad, you could try importing the old pictures on the PC, copying them to a SD card, and using the SD via CCK via iPad to send those oldies to PhotoStream (as far as I understand, every time you plug your SD card and the iPad reads it, it can send them all to photostream).
I have the iPad and the CCK but never tried photostream before, so take this "workaround" with a grain of salt.

But it might work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.