How to Tag Movies EXACTLY as Those Purchased in iTunes??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DCAbrams, Nov 11, 2008.

1. DCAbrams macrumors newbie

Since getting my new iMac, I've been on a mission to properly tag all my media exactly the way it appears when purchased on iTunes.

Thanks to MetaX (and some TV shows offered for free), I've been able to replicate the tagging for TV shows that appear in the iTMS without having to purchase them.

However, I cannot seem to find any resource to find how movies are properly tagged. If anyone knows (or could provide some screenshots of how a purchased movie appears in MetaX), it would be greatly appreciated, and would definitely help this OCD cheapskate.

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

What are you looking for that MetaX doesn't allow you to do with movies?

I use it for all of mine, and honestly can't tell the difference (in tagging anyways) between my iTunes-purchased movies and my Handbrake ones.

3. DCAbrams thread starter macrumors newbie

No, MetaX allows you to tag everything correctly! I'm looking to see what info is provided when you purchase a movie, so I can then replicate it with all the other movies I have ripped on my system.

Example: a few months ago, iTunes gave away the season premiere of The Office season 4 for free. When I open it in MetaX, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

I was able then to see what info was provided, even including how the copyright info is written out, and add that for other shows, such as Arrested Development and LOST.

I'm hoping to be able to find out how the info is displayed in MetaX for movies, so I can do the same thing with my movie collection.

Attached Files:

4. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Oh, I see. If I remember I'll post some screenshots when I get home from work tonight.

5. DCAbrams thread starter macrumors newbie