How to take pictures correctly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by armoredsaint, Sep 28, 2012.

1. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

I like to take pics in landscape and when it's in my photo stream on my PC - it's upside down? Did I hold the iphone wrong? I assume volume button up - I didn't think it mattered which way? It was never an issue with my POS droid x2 :cool:

As for taking videos, I assume it doesn't go to the iCloud for Photo Stream?

2. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

3. armoredsaint thread starter macrumors regular

armoredsaint

i don't believe so, would that be the cause? :(

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yea that might very well be the issue. Either way you can hit CMD + L in preview twice to fix this. Cheers!

5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

Just make sure that you can read all of the buttons on the camera screen, like "Auto", "Options". Like make sure they aren't sideways or upside-down before you take the picture.

6. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

The fault is with the viewer that you're using on your PC. It's not correcting for phone orientation data of your photos. You could try a different viewer, but you'll notice also that your thumbnails in your Windows folders are also mis-oriented.

When in doubt, I remember the iPhone addage, "You're holding it wrong". Now, when I take pictures in landscape orientation, I hold the camera with the volume buttons pointing down. I don't like using these buttons to snap photos anyway, so it's no big deal.

Regards,
    Tom

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Any good tutorials out there on iPhone photography

8. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Buy some jewellers magnifiers for those macro shots ;)