How to tell if my replacement is refurbished or new..do I get a new warranty?

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
The box they they took it out of was some gray plastic type box. When they said they'd replace it I was like it will be In new condition right, and he said its a brand new phone. But it didnt come out of the iPhone box.

Also since this is a new phone is it still guaranteed for a year?

Oh and it has the yellow screen tint and
My old one was a crisp blue :/ oh well

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I don't know how to tell if it's new or a refurb; I would imagine it's a refurb, though. At any rate, no, you don't get a new warranty. I believe you have either the remainder of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Your warranty doesn't start over at a year every time they need to replace your phone.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I don't know how to tell if it's new or a refurb; I would imagine it's a refurb, though. At any rate, no, you don't get a new warranty. I believe you have either the remainder of your original warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer. Your warranty doesn't start over at a year every time they need to replace your phone.
Exactly. You don't get a new 1 year warranty. Your previous warranty carries over to the replacement.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Yea wouldn't that be nice if it did. :D
She's right you got a refurb but what difference does it make.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Your eyes will adjust to the warmer tint and I'm sure you get the warranty status after the same info has been repeated a few times to you !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.