Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How to transfer all the information(passwords, messages, etc.) from iPhone and BookPro to Ipad 3?

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Hello fellow forumers,

So I want to ask the following - I got a iPad 3 and restore it using an iPhone 6 back up. All is good so far, but some things are missing - some passwords in Safari, no messages in iMessages were imported, no contacts and no Shared albums in Photos that I have, also Calendar events. How to import these things as well?

ericwn

macrumors 604
Apr 24, 2016
Hello fellow forumers,

So I want to ask the following - I got a iPad 3 and restore it using an iPhone 6 back up. All is good so far, but some things are missing - some passwords in Safari, no messages in iMessages were imported, no contacts and no Shared albums in Photos that I have, also Calendar events. How to import these things as well?
I suspect you use iTunes. Have you tried to create a new backup for the iPhone and made sure that the iPad is already updated to the latest version of iOS before the restore? Make sure you encrypt the backup locally to include as many passwords etc as possible.

Comment

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
I suspect you use iTunes. Have you tried to create a new backup for the iPhone and made sure that the iPad is already updated to the latest version of iOS before the restore? Make sure you encrypt the backup locally to include as many passwords etc as possible.
I do have latest versions and back up is fresh. I use Itunes, just click back up and make and image

Comment

ericwn

macrumors 604
Apr 24, 2016
So, did you encrypt the backup? The option is somewhere in the settings for the device in iTunes. Sorry, don't have a Mac around me for a while.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.