How to transfer all the information(passwords, messages, etc.) from iPhone and BookPro to Ipad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by manyelski, May 15, 2016.

1. manyelski macrumors regular

manyelski

Hello fellow forumers,

So I want to ask the following - I got a iPad 3 and restore it using an iPhone 6 back up. All is good so far, but some things are missing - some passwords in Safari, no messages in iMessages were imported, no contacts and no Shared albums in Photos that I have, also Calendar events. How to import these things as well?

2. ericwn macrumors 65816

I suspect you use iTunes. Have you tried to create a new backup for the iPhone and made sure that the iPad is already updated to the latest version of iOS before the restore? Make sure you encrypt the backup locally to include as many passwords etc as possible.

3. manyelski thread starter macrumors regular

manyelski

I do have latest versions and back up is fresh. I use Itunes, just click back up and make and image

4. ericwn macrumors 65816

So, did you encrypt the backup? The option is somewhere in the settings for the device in iTunes. Sorry, don't have a Mac around me for a while.

5. manyelski thread starter macrumors regular

manyelski

What for ?

6. ericwn macrumors 65816