How to transfer contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimmy007, Sep 25, 2012.

1. jimmy007 macrumors newbie

Tomorrow I'm switching over from an iPhone 3g (I know, I know...) to the IP5. Trouble is, don't believe I can transfer all my contacts (can't do it w/ iTunes, b/c my macOS is too old to get the newer iTunes version, and my current/old iTunes won't connect to my iPhone unless I update the version, which I can't b/c of my OS). Vicious cycle. If I bring it into an AT&T store, would they be able to transfer my contacts? Or is there another way I can do it at home?

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Just use icloud and they'll just be retrieved over the cloud to the new iphone.

3. LiarInGlass macrumors member

Use an application on the iPhone called MCBackup that will create a file to send to your email of all your contacts.

Import that into your Gmail or whatever email you use, and then just sync your contacts when you add your email account to the Maill app on the new phone.

I always keep a backup file on my computer of my contacts just in case I want to restore as a new device and accidentally delete a contact or lose one.

Or just sync your contacts with iCloud. Best way tbh.

4. DefBref macrumors 6502

He has a 3G which doesn't support iOS 5. iCloud requires at least iOS 5, so suggesting iCloud doesn't help him.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Oops sorry. What about a free service like gmail contacts?