How to transfer media from iPhone 4S to 5s with rMBP and iTunes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Appletise, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Appletise macrumors member

l have an iphone 4s, and now have an iphone 5s, l use mbpr using itunes to synch podcasts, mp3s and playlists to my 4s. l want to know if possible to transfer everything in my iphone 4s to new 5s? with everything l mean, apps downloaded, pictures, videos, mp3s, playlists and podcasts, contacts? if so how? is it as easy as plugging my iphone5s into my mbpr and synch or will there be another account?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Sync and backup your 4S, then restore the backup to your 5S then sync the 5S as normal...

3. Appletise thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for reply, l restored the 4s backup to your new iPhone 5s from iTunes, only partially successful, eg only some of the songs, about a third is transferred into my 5s, despite having twice memory size, 32GB vs 16GB in 4s. what do l have to click on to transfer all tracks?
    contacts hasn't transferred :( part of the problem l am sure is 5s was used by my friends, who writes and reads in a foreign language , so how do l make the 5s 'mines' , do l have to login with my icloud or something?, the thing is l cant even delete the icloud account since she doesnt even remember any of the details :( do l have to reset whole thing? so to make 5s 'mines'

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Reset the 5. Restore it from your backup, sign in with your iCloud. After that you will need to manually recover anything AFAIK.

5. Appletise, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

Appletise thread starter macrumors member

itunes, "A full backup of your iphone will be stored on this computer", but where??

where are all media, photos, videos, mp3s, etc stored when select "Backups" in itunes, "this computer" "A full backup of your iphone will be stored on this computer" is selected. my hard drive on my mbpr is almost full now, so l like to find this stuff and put in an external HD. There is now only 1.93GB available in 250GB capacity, does this mean my internet and computer performance is slowed down?
    thanks