How To Transfer Photos And Videos From Your iPad to Your Computer Without Wifi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by x0xCatriona, Dec 11, 2012.

1. x0xCatriona macrumors newbie

How To Transfer Photos And Videos From Your iPad to Your Computer Without Wifi? :confused:

I have noticed that even when you have connected your iPad to your computer, using wire, you still need wifi to transfer photos and videos from the iPad to the computer. I have even tried to use Bluetooth between my iPad and MacBook, but still it seems that wifi is required to do this.

I was wondering if there was a way to transfer photos and videos from the iPad to the computer without the need of wifi. As I mainly use my iPad in work, where wifi is not available, it would be great to be able to transfer photos and videos from my iPad to my computer with needing wifi.

:confused:

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I've got my iPhone plugged into my work computer (which doesn't even have iTunes on it, and neither of them is connected to WiFi), and I can see the iPhone in my File Explorer. And drill down into the DCIM folder, where all my pictures reside. From there, I could copy them back and forth. I think... :)

Haven't plugged in my iPad, but I suspect it would work the same way.

Clint

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Is this a Windows thing?

I regularly plug my iPad/iPhone into my work computer and use the Image Capture utility to copy photos/videos off of it.

iPhoto and Aperture can also be used.