How to transfer Photos, Videos in HQ from iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheWizard4, Jul 3, 2011.

1. TheWizard4 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I used to transfer my photos and videos by using windows explorer like digital cameras and I am doing the same thing for iPad 2.

However, there are couple of problems.

1- The size of videos is too much (110 Mb for 4 Minute Video!)

2- Photos' dimension is too low (960*720 or 720*960-- even my 5-year-old camera takes picture in high MP)

Because of these reasons, I have started to think that there must be something wrong. Maybe I need to sync with iTunes to avoid these problems but when I try to sync my photos&videos with the folder I selected, nothing is happening(Folder is empty).

Briefly: I just want to transfer my photos and videos in HQ to my computer. I don't want to sync with my files in my computer. I don't want to transfer my old photos to iPad

----

Also I have one more similar question: I sync my contacts with Outlook. As you can imagine, I am adding new contacts to my iPad but not to Outlook. I want to transfer the new contacts to Outlook from iPad but when I try to sync, iTunes copies my contacts from Outlook to iPad and all my new contacts has been deleted!

----

BTW, since I am international, my writings may not be clear and have grammatical errors. Sorry about that.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I can answer one of your questions. None of the photos on your computer will be transferred to your iPad unless you select them for transfer in iTunes.