How to transfer upgrade eligibility w/o having to buy 64 GB iPhone 6+ through ATT?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STC, Oct 5, 2014.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

My wife has a 5s and wants a 6+. She's not eligible for an upgrade till next yr, but my son is and she'll take his (he's 17). We can do the upgrade transfer through ATT (online and store) and order the iPhone, but delivery isn't until mid to late Nov.

Since she wants it ASAP can we order it through Apple under my son's name to get subsidized pricing and when we get the phone call ATT to do the upgrade eligibility transfer? I've heard conflicting info, so wanted to see if anyone here has done this.

Thx!

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I'd be interested in this as well. Looking forward to hearing if you can transfer eligibility and upgrade through Apple :)

3. Clevans macrumors regular

I've done this before. You upgrade whichever line is eligible for an upgrade, then you can just go to an AT&T store and they just issue new SIM cards for the phones so the phone number line transfers to the correct phone that you want it on.

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Just put the SIM from the 5S into the 6. And if your son is going to get the 5S, put the 6's original SIM in there, and call AT&T to activate the new SIM. Everything should "just work" from that point