How to transfer videos from Iphone to not trusted compter safely?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by peterlockee, Apr 26, 2018.

1. peterlockee macrumors member

So, i need to start transferring videos and photos from my iphone to a PC laptop and the other way around also. The thing is the computer is not mine, therefore i cant guarantee for its safety.
    So, is there a way i can connect my iphone to this Dell Laptop, and transfer data (videos and photos only) without syncing, or exposing my Apple ID and other stuff to the computer.
    i have zero idea how Itunes synchronization works and so on.
    So i will be very thankfull if someone can tell me the easiest way to transfer without exposing any information from my phone to this computer :)

2. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

The only way to transfer photos and videos to PC is to allow access when connected to a PC on your device. Then, on the PC navigate to storage drives and you should see a drive for your iPhone. You now open and view all photos and videos and just and paste it to a USB drive etc without using iTunes. If the person is tech savvy, the only device info the laptop would’ve gotten is the device UDID number in regedit which is normally stored for any connected device so the PC will recognize them again in the future. If you just want to transfer them, you can use cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Photos. Just don’t open iTunes which may auto-sync or backup your device on the PC.