How to unlock 3GS w/ iOS 4.1 baseband 6.15.00?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stikygum, Jun 5, 2012.

1. stikygum macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2012
    I bought a 3GS and to my surprise the seller already had Cydia on there. So it looks like I just need to proceed unlocking the phone. But reading about so many different software unlock options on the internet, I'm a little confused as which unlocking software I should go for. I didn't want to rush it and mess something up, so I thought I'd ask here.

Should I use Ultrasnow and is there a specific version I should use? Or what software is best for iOS 4.1 with baseband 6.15.00? Better yet, is there a website that shows you which software to use for each iphone Model/OS/Baseband?
  2. stikygum thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2012
    One other related question I had is 'are there certain versions of Ultrasnow (and other similar programs) that are required to use with a specific OS/baseband combo?

It would be good to have a website with this information on it, so it's not as subject to trying these unlock software and finding information after the fact.
  3. stikygum thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2012
    I went and tried to load Ultrasnow 1.2.7 through Cydia and restarted the 'Springboard' like it prompted, but my carrier T mobile won't show up. Another weird thing is the under settings, 'Carrier' disappeared underneath Airplane Mode and WiFi tabs. Not sure what's going on.

Do I need to uninstall Ultrasnow and then install again? I tried to reinstall already, but that doesn't work.
  4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay