How to unlock iPhone 3G on 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac-Rumours, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

Hi,

I have a UK iPhone 3G jailbroken with Pwnage Tool that I've been using as an iPod but now want to use as a phone.

The phone was previously jailbroken and unlocked on iOS 4.0 and worked fine but now even after running ultrasn0w I still get the message "No Service".

How can I unlock this phone? Do I need to update the firmware? I see Pwnage Tool says I can update to an iPad baseband.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Searching is easy.

3. Mac-Rumours thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've tried searching but every time I find a thread that looks like it'll contain a solution the only reply is "try searching". ;)

If you've found a solution please let me know.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Your opening thread poit you to the right direction how to unlock your 3G. This medthod has been out for months. So, with little searching, you can find your answer.

Clarified.com or redmondpie can give you tutorial on this as well.

5. Mac-Rumours thread starter macrumors regular

From what I understand from iClarified.com the only way is to upgrade the firmware to 4.2.1 and the baseband to 06.15.00. Or at least that's the only method they describe.

As you said, this info is a few months old already so I wanted to be sure that there isn't another way to unlock now, keeping the firmware at 4.1 and the baseband at 05.14.02

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That is correct! Currently, there is no unlocked for 05.14 and 05.15 for 3G/3GS.