How to unlock iPhone 4-please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bananapancake, Jun 30, 2013.

1. bananapancake macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've had trouble unlocking my iPhone 4, its locked to orange but they are unwilling to unlock it for me.
    I've jailbroken it and downloaded ultrasn0w, I wasn't sure which ones to download so I got them all!
    i've put in a tesco sim and its still not working, the modem firmware says: 04.12.02 and its running iOS 6.0
    Can anyone help, would be much appreciated, thanks

2. Pastries macrumors member

Just go on eBay, search for "iPhone unlock service" and pay a $1 to the dozens of sellers that can unlock your phone, no jailbreak required. You just give them your phones IMEI and they register it into apples system so its unlocked. I've done it on several of my iPhones.

3. bananapancake thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you recommend one for me please? I'm in the UK, thanks

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Maybe you should read again...he said carrier is "Orange UK"....why do people always think life jus revolves around AT&T lol...

----------

Your UK iPhone will cost you anywhere from $60-$150 depending on seller, Clean vs Bad IMEI etc look on eBay you might have some luck. pay close attention to what seller is doing though "Clean IMEI ONLY" or "All IMEI" or "Bad IMEI" etc because otherwise you will just waste time and some sellers dont refund for submitting incorrect IMEI