How to unlock iphone 4 which I purchased from direct APPLE and locked for ATT from US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonindia, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jasonindia macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Please apologize if I have repeated this question, since I tried searching answer in this forum for the below question but no luck, Hence starting a new thread.

Scenario :

I purchased iPhone 4 (dated : Aug 2010) from Apple Store direct which cost $550 locked for ATT which I can use in US

Though I purchased from Apple I can't unlock until 2 years (Still I was able to use this with the help of Gevey Ultra sim in INDIA)

Now its 2years, would I be able to unlock my phone with the help of ATT / Apple?

I tried contacting ATT customer support, but they replied me saying that this IMIE is not with them.

I am confused here, I purchased the phone from direct APPLE but Locked for ATT carrier

Who would provide me the unlock code :(? Apple / ATT?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. lazard macrumors 65816

try going through the online technical support chat.

3. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Thats how I did it... you submit the request through the ATT support chat, or you can call.

After you submit the request, it takes from 2-10 business days for it go through. Then they email you, after that, you will have to restore the phone in iTunes... it will say Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked...

They told me it would take 7-10 business days, and it only took 2... so I assume it varies

4. lazard macrumors 65816

had mine unlocked within 5 minutes after the online tech support told me it was unlocked.

5. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Maybe mine took a while because it was not my current phone.