How to unlock iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BB.King, Oct 16, 2012.

1. BB.King macrumors regular

Hi,

I brought an iPhone form Carphonewarehouse (CPW), it is locked to the 1st sim card (Vodafone).

Can somebody please help me to unlock it, as I need to use another sim for travel this weekend.

Also, does anyone have any luck with unlocking service for the iPhone 5?

Vodafone (UK) is unhelpful, their line is you did not buy the phone from us, so we can't help you.

Many thanks

2. EggrollShop macrumors member

Search unlock fusion on ebay. I have had them unlock my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S but those were both AT&T. I'm not at all sure if they so Vodafone but it's worth a shot. You can email them and ask.

3. andy2141 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I brought my iP5 from Carphonewarehouse on Vodafone.

I've successfully got Vodafone to unlock it. Just go to the link below and submit the form:

http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/

You need to have had the phone for at least 14 days and made a few calls from it using the supplied Vodafone sim. Took about 5 days in total and I'm now unlocked and tested with a T-Mobile sim.

Hope this helps..

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

You will probably be needing to find another phone to use, you need to have used it for 14 days and then it takes Voda about 5 days to process as Andy says.

If you got a PAYG sim with it have you added credit to it?

5. BB.King thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all your help.

I got the phone over two weeks ago and put in my Vodafone contract sim card, so I used the phone for over 14 days on Vodafone and have made lots of calls.

I've filled in the form and have my fingers crossed.

I'm going to find an Android phone if the iPhone 5 don't get unlock in time, might be better since it have Google map.

Thanks again.