How to unrar whole tv series at once?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tmanto02, Aug 7, 2011.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a program I can download to unrar whole tv series? For instance if I download a series each episode will be in their own folder and each their own rar file. It gets very time consuming to do each one individually.

Cheers :)

2. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

No need to do this individually. Just select all the .rars and drag to your decompressor of choice.

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

4. Cheule macrumors member

I used to use unrarX, until I discovered The Unarchiver. It replaces the default unzipping engine in OS X, and adds basically any other format including rar. It's multithreaded, and supports file queuing.. It's free and awesome.

Once installed, you would simply open all your shows at once, and let the queued engine handle it. A quick way to do that is select all the shows, and then cmd-O.

5. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Thanks for all your input, but this is still not resolved.

I am looking for a program that will eliminate the need to go into every individual episodes folder and click each episode to unrar.

Unpacker still requires you to go into each episodes folder containing the far files

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

You could use Automator to set-up a process that does it automatically for every file you put in a folder.

Other than that, you'll always have to select the file.

7. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

Just create an empty new folder on desktop. Now browse to the parent folder containing the folders with rars:

Parent
    |
    |->(ep. 1 folder with a rar file in it)
    |->(ep. 2 folder...)
    ...etc.

Put .rar into search box on the top right corner of Finder

Make sure "Search in: Parent folder" is selected.

Voila, all your rars are in one convenient window. Now :apple:+a and move them to the new folder you have created. All rars are now in a single folder. Problem solved.