How to upgrade to and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by utahman130, Jun 21, 2012.

1. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Step 1: Plug in your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes. Right click on your device and select "Backup"

Step 2: After the backup is done, click "Restore" If that does not work, go into DFU mode and restore.

Step 3: Do not put your backup back on your device. Exit out of iTunes and download Absinthe 2 here. After you have downloaded it, make your it recognizes your device, and push jailbreak (No DFU! :D)It will go through the jailbreak process.

Step 4: Go into iTunes, right click on your iDevice, and click "restore from backup" This will not erase your jailbreak!

Enjoy your jailbreak :)

If you have any questions, PM me, quote me, or email me at ijoecoles@gmail.com

2. noiceT macrumors 6502a

It would be ideal to restore as new phone, then once complete "sync" from backup.

3. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it with my search but is it necessary to restore the phone before using absinthe? In the past I was able to JB without a restore and that's kind of the route I want to go this time. Please advise.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not required but it gives a cleaner jailbreak IMHO.

5. RenoG macrumors 65816

my phone has been unlocked and restored, can I JB without losing my unlock. I will be selling my phone soon and having it JB I think will help add to the sale.

6. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Unlocked how? Ultrasnow, IMEI, Gevey?

Depending on how you unlocked will determine the steps and how careful you need to be.

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

Sorry, its the official AT&T unlock...

8. noiceT macrumors 6502a

You will not lose your unlock. Feel free to restore or jb or whatever.

9. Abyssgh0st, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Anyone else unable to find Absinthe 2.0.4 online? It seems as if Google has pulled all of their links/mirrors from their servers.

EDIT: After some more searching, I was able to finally find a mirror that works. So many of these are getting pulled, for whatever reason.

http://bayfiles.com/fi
    le/blxB/AtveNW/Absinthe_2.0.4_Uploded_by_Tra4nce.zip

I can vouch that this link is actually Absinthe 2.0.4, and it includes both the Mac .dmg and the Windows .exe.

10. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Did you use the tool without wiping your phone first? I don't really want to wipe my phone. I'd like to JB mine as it is right now but I don't want any errors

11. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Seriously, if you can't follow directions then don't do it. There's no such thing as "i don't want any errors". If you really don't want any errors then stay stock.

12. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

13. RenoG macrumors 65816

Awesome..

[​IMG]