How to use Gevey Ultra on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5.1 (for preserved basebands only)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by completing, Apr 4, 2012.

1. completing, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

completing macrumors member

So I searched everywhere on the web to find out if you can use Gevey with iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1 (currently tethered).

All I could find was 2 posts saying it should work, but no one confirmed directly, and a youtube video showing a success with a bunch of people commenting that it does not work.

So, after spending a couple of hours experimenting,
    I'm here to confirm that it DOES work.

2. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

if you have a preserved BB im hoping you have shsh blobs, if so downgrade :p

if not just use the manual way and follow the instructions and it should still work, worked for me on 5.0.1 b4 furiousmod came out. you dont get the 1 bar or that crap on 5.0.1 when doing the manual method

3. xena2lex macrumors newbie

ios 5.1 baseband 4.10.01 tethered jailbreak

THIS TOTALLY WORKS!! My enthusiastic detailed post is lost, but I will try to repost this, for others who use Gevey Ultra, from Applenberry to unlock the new IOS 5.1 on a preserved baseband. :):):):D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:

OK

FIRST, the instructions didnt work as listed. After many many attempts, and many forum searches and videos here is WHAT DID WORK

With phone on, I popped sim halfway in and out, then again cuz I was pissed. Then dial 112 and hang up, (call failed, never connected) then airplane on 45 sec, then off, then on again for good measure, 40 sec. then off. Then magically a sim message, clicked ok then airplane on again and sim failure appeared. Then off.

As I stared blankly at the phone, 1 bar appeared, and then 2 then 5 then T-Mobile and I began to scream in joy.

What I never got was this:

Never got opening message till the end
    Never got 1 bar to dial 112, it read NO SERVICE when I dialed 112
    Did not recieve the sim messages till the end
    Got voicemail service ON ALL ATTEMPTS BUT NOT UNLOCKED!
    Also got YOU HAVE FAILED!! START OVER!!! many times WITH the Voicemails

I was soooooo frustrated with the tethered booting, thats when I gave up "turning the phone off and inserting and restarting" tethered booting seemed to have issue with the chip.

I now have
    Internet
    Cell phone, and messaging with T-Mobile!!

I hope that is helpful for anyone else that is new to Gevey Ultra unlock!!

Xena2lex!!
    :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::D:D:D