Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Sep 17, 2012.
Is there any easy way to do this? I emailed them and asked but said they wouldnt do it.
Um, you pay the upgrade fee when you upgrade hardware. IE iPhone 5. It's in your contract. Don't try and squirm out of it buddy.
Call them and speak with a CSR.
Another lol thread. Live chat your way out of it.
Do you mean the uprade fee as in having to pay the full price of the phone or do you mean the new activation fee for getting a new phone?
In any case, the only way to do it is to call. Even then you have to have a few things in your favor, which obviously aren't listed anywhere or will ever be disclosed to you by ATT reps, but this is what I think helps:
1. Never having made a late payment on your bill
2. Having multiple users/lines on the account
3. Having the fee previously waived on your account
4. Having a business account or a user on the account that receives some sort of ATT business partner discount.
And if it doesn't work, call back and try with a different rep and just complain that the activation took a long time and you were without a usable phone for a huge part of the day etc. These are all just random tactics which may or may not work for some people.
There's a long thread with suggestions. Please try a search.
Try talking dirty to them.
Just ask. Seems to be a nearly 100% success rate.
I absolutely hate talking on the phone to big corporations. Can i just live chat em? Seems easier. Appreciate the advice. Emailing did not work.
Honestly, just call and ask. I called and changed my plan about a month ago and while on the phone then I told them I planned on upgrading soon and if there's any way to waive it when that happened. Her response was with my FAN discount they should automatically waive it. I called today to make sure they were going to waive it. The rep's response was "I'm not sure if your FAN discount will waive it but I'll just go ahead and do it anyways for you." I didn't even ask her to waive it. I simply asked if my FAN discount got it waived automatically. It's extremely easy.
nope, chat is only with level 1 support, which pretty much can only give you can answers they copy/paste from their computer.
-Hi, I know I am not eligible until May 2013 and that there is a $250+$36 upgrade fee, that's more than I can afford, can we look into my options?
-Sure, I can help you with that. My records show that you are eligible in May 2013. You can either wait or you also qualify for an early upgrade. This would cost you $250 and the upgrade fee.
- I know, I just said that. My question is whether or not we can work on better options. My best option as of now would be to switch to Verizon, as AT&T termination fees would cost less than the upgrade fee
- If you were to cancel your service, you would have Early Termination Fees. I can look those up for you
- That's what I just said, I know that. What I would need to know is whether or not we can offset some of the upgrade cost with some form of credit on my monthly service.
- I am not authorized to credit the account
- who is
- Dial 611 on your phone to talk to customer service
- Aren't you from customer service?
- Is there anything else I can help you with?
- what do you mean anything "else", I don't feel you have helped me with anything.
- Thank you for being the best part of AT&T
Try reading the other thread with 100+ answers to this question.