How to wipe stolen iPhone 3GS, my wife was just mugged!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TOYSTRY, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TOYSTRY macrumors member

My wife was mugged tonight and had her iPhone stolen and I don't know of anyway to wipe it clean. I called AT&T and they disactivated it but all of her personal information is still viewable to the thief.

Please help ASAP.......fyi my itunes doesn't work so if it's required, I'm screwed.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If you didn't install find my iPhone there's not much you can do. Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she's ok.

3. nathanschafer macrumors member

Did your wife have the 'find my iphone' feature enabled on her phone? You can do a remote wipe through that.

Hope I could help

4. nathanschafer macrumors member

Haha posted one minute after each other....

Yes, you are out of luck if 'find my iphone' is not installed.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Wouldn't make any difference as it won't work if you've already had AT&T deactivate it.

PS: OP why doesn't your iTunes work?

6. tdgrn macrumors 6502

The Find My iPhone feature should work if the iPhone is connected to Wifi when/if the thief connects it. Of course it has to be enabled as previously stated. You will not get an immediate confirmation email from Mobile Me saying this has been done, but if it is ever connected to Wifi then it will happen and you will get the email. I should say that it did when my wife lost her phone (3Gs too) and I was in a similar boat... I hope your wife is okay. Damn people these days!