How Trump Won Over a Bar Full of Undecideds and Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 27, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

How Donald lost his @!#$ and then claimed he had a good temperament

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I read the article - it's a shame that people confuse talking about problems with providing solutions. Trump did a GREAT job of outlining what he thinks all of the US's problems are. I heard very little in how he plans to fix it.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Personally I don't think she said much of anything either. "We need to invest in our young people.". Meaningless nonsense. But Hillary did perform better ion the debate.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

I can agree with that - I think both candidates said very little in terms of actual plans. But at least Hillary stayed on point, seemingly did not repeat herself, and was somewhat specific. Trump spoke very high level - everything was a mess. He didn't give specifics like when Hillary went on the attack about his debt. He just said it was less. He could have stated the banks he deals with - instead he just said there were lots of banks and if the moderator had asked, he could name them. He might have prepared for the debate - but he (more than her) spoke too broadly.

Also surprised that of all the things he could have gone after her for - he let the email issue go. Not sure if that was strategic or if he was just too much in his own head at that point.

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He could have creamed her on the cyber security. I think is focus was on not looking like a maniac and flying off the handle. Hillarys women attack at the end was shady as ****. Here is a woman who smeared her husband victims and she goes after Trump for calling a Rosie O'Donnell a pig. It's ridiculous.

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

More than just better. She got under Trump's skin like a chigger and wouldn't let go. Drove him to distraction. Masterful.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't find that valid. Just because she's made statements does not excuse his. He could have quoted her. He wasn't prepared to fight that fight. He probably should have. Instead - what does he do - he proves her right by saying Rosie deserved every comment.

9. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

When everything is said and done, there is usually more said than done.

90% of the world's problems come do to a lack of equity, not equality, but equity. People don't have a reasonable stake in their own nations. We don't see war, hunger, and disease ravaging the wealthy.

Most of this stems from how money is created, not by Governments, but by private, for profit banks. Politicians are good at pointing out the other 10% of the world's problems, and making us all think they are important.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think she did deserve it as well. In a world where we are all supposed to be equal why should a woman be treated any different than a man?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

I didn't question whether or not she deserved it. My point was that whether or not she deserved it has nothing to do with whether or not HE deserved it. He did. And then he proved her right.

12. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

Hillary is definitely the better debater. She's a lawyer and politician. Trump is a business man. But being a better debater doesn't necessarily translate into a win. Trump got out the messages he intended to. Hillary said the usual stuff that politicians say then forget after the election. She's keeping the status quo. Americans want more than that.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Electing a narsastic retard is not going to solve the problem.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It solves the problem of "How to keep the lying under oath national security risk out of office" problem.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

And opens the US to many more problems. No thanks.

Did you hear the part when he said that bombing someone for taunting troops wouldn't start a war?

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yeah, and setting your house of fire solves the problem of it being robbed.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He was referring to Iran taunting our boats. I'd sink those boats too if they were too close to our ships. Doing nothing is how our sailors got captured by Iran a few months ago. Then Obama sent Billions to them and our sailors were released. Basically a terrorist act, holding our sailors for ransom. Obama negotiated with those "terrorists" and got paid. I thought it was the policy of the US to not negotiate with terrorists.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    What problems would voting Trump into office bring upon us? Everything Hillary touches turns to ****.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

But he said that the action of bombing Iraq wouldn't start a war. Do you agree with that?

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

LOL. That would require that he knows anything about "The Cyber". Remember, this is the guy who wants to turn off parts of the Internet.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'd have to rewatch it. We just bombed Syria recently and we aren't' at war with them.

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Mmm, lets see... we're talking about giving a man who has a complete lack of diplomatic skills, self control, and understanding of how our government even works the position of Head of State, Commander in Chief, and head of the executive branch. Because that is such a recipe for success! :rolleyes:

22. samcraig macrumors P6

She also cited Mr. Trump’s remark this month that U.S. naval vessels should open fire on Iranian ships that harass them in the Persian Gulf.

“He said, ‘You know if they taunted our sailors, I’d blow them out of the water’ and start another war,’" Mrs. Clinton said.

“That wouldn’t start a war,” Mr. Trump responded to Mrs. Clinton during the debate.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-trump-clash-over-americas-global-role-1474966803

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ah yes... not only has Trump shown an ignorance of American politics, but also American history as well: We ourselves went to war with Spain following the explosion of the Maine!

24. sim667 macrumors 65816

Effectively his answer boils down to "ring my mate, he'll vouch for me"

Idiot.