How use Siri to remind me something related to 3rd party app?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by johannnn, Oct 1, 2017.

1. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

I love to tell Siri to “remind me about X”, but I have problems when X involved an app.
    For example if I say “remind me to answer Bob on LinkedIn” or “remind me to accept the invitation on Facebook”, Siri just tells me that LinkedIn/Facebook don’t support Siri yet.

Any workaround? I don’t try to connect directly to the apps, I just want to add something to Reminders.app

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Nope, if you had an android Google assistant could do that but I don't think the Google assistant on Apple is that good yet. Might just have to type in the reminder app

3. GreyOS macrumors 68040

GreyOS

Odd, worked for me (tho with ‘typo’)

Attached Files:

4. johannnn thread starter macrumors 65816

johannnn

I use Siri in Swedish (which works perfect otherwise). Just tried with English Siri and it works fine o_O

Attached Files:

5. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

That is weird lol

6. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

To work around flaws like this, try phrasing the sentence differently, even if it isn't grammatically correct. Like, "Remind me to accept the invitation on the app Facebook," or "Remind me to accept the Facebook invitation."

7. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

If you’re trying to have an app do something, it must support Siri actions.

8. johannnn thread starter macrumors 65816

johannnn

But that's the thing. I'm not telling Siri "accept the invitation in Facebook", I'm saying "remind me to accept the invitation on Facebook". Very different o_O

9. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I also use Siri in Swedish and I’ve noticed many irregularities between Swedish and English Siri. Not just the basic feature difference. But simple questions that work when set to English but not in Swedish.