How well does Blackberry conserve Data? (& Torch Upgrade Pricing)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guyducati, Aug 8, 2010.

1. guyducati macrumors regular

I'm currently on AT&T, and want a new phone. I currently use a crappy Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition. I use an Opera Mobile browser, and I typically use ~300MB of data. However I'll need to switch to a new Data plan, and AT&T no longer has unlimited data plans. Its $15 for 200MB, and $25 for 2GB. I've heard that Blackberrys do a great job of saving data. Would 200MB be enough for me if I usually use ~300MB?

And yes, I know, for the exact same price, I COULD get an iPhone 4. I have an iPod Touch, an iPad, and a Mac. I've played with the iPhone many many times. I would not want it as a phone at all though.

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

advice

You can always switch your plan, start higher monitor for a month or two and you can re assess then.

3. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, I guess that's true..

4. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

Ok another question...Does anyone know what the price of the Blackberry Torch would be with a partial upgrade? I actually don't have a full upgrade, just a partial one so I can get a large discount off of the price without contract. (For example I can get the Captivate for $382)