How/When will you pre-order the new iphone when it comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixroqu3, Sep 6, 2012.

1. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

2. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I'm trying both Apple.com and the Apple app. The keyword in that is "TRYING" :D. Pre-ordering from AT&T will be my 3rd option.

3. felixroqu3 thread starter macrumors regular

felixroqu3

Why is AT&T your 3rd option?

4. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

From previous opinions on this I would go through apple on this one. Somebody made a good point to me that if you go through at&t your order gets put in when they get around to doing it.

5. felixroqu3 thread starter macrumors regular

felixroqu3

So if I do it through apple it'll be processed faster than through AT&T?

6. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I've never pre-ordered from AT&T before, it's always been from Apple's website or the app. I'm sticking with what works for me.

7. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

That's what I think. It makes sense that if you did it online through apple your purchase would be instant, which reserves your "spot" in line for pre orders:p

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

9. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Att has the upgrade app now. I wonder if it will be set to upgrade customers to the new iPhone? If not I'm using the apple store app for sure. Calling in and all that Jazz is a no go.

10. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

When per-ordering through Apple is payment due right then or will they add it my VZW bill as if I had ordered it through VZW?

11. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

ordering with at&t for my was 4s a disaster. when i checked out, it would only let me ship it to the billing address. no problem, i'll order now and then call them up to get it shipped to my address at school. so i do just that, and all looks well. then, i eagerly await my iphone as it says shipped. as i track it step by step...wait a minute, this phone is headed towards my HOME home, not my address at school! i call them and tell them to redirect it to my school address. at&t says sorry, we can only ship to the home address, and now we can't do anything about it. i ask for some compensation of some sort because the phone is not going to me but to my house. he says, ok, what do you want? i suggest 20 dollar credit because now i have to ask parents to ship it from house to me at school. 20 dollar shipping seems reasonable to me for an expensive phone. at&t rep is FURIOUS and says that is a crazy number. i'm confused why because it seems perfectly reasonable to me. back and forth we go about 20 bucks from a billion dollar corporation who i have just paid them 200 dollars, and it was they who created the whole fiasco. finally he agrees to $5 statement credit. i am frustrated that i am not getting my iphone on launch day, even though i woke up at 3 AM to order it (and spent 2 hours refreshing the at&t page because their order system was effed). and feel like i made an enemy with a corporation even though i have paid them thousands of dollars in monthly fees. did i mention that my area has no LTE still? it's only the capital of ohio, no big. so now i know to order from apple. there is an at&t store 1 min down the street, so if there's a way to guarantee the iphone at the store, that will be the only way i'll deal with at&t ordering again.

tl;dr order from apple, not at&t, if you don't want to get f*cked

12. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I'm thinking, and someone feel free to correct me on this if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you need a credit or debit card for the payment. They will charge you when the order ships.

13. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If AT&T doesn't launch like last year, I'll be pre-ordering. Will have to use a day of PTO, though. Oh well.