Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
It sure looks like Apple will produce a spec bump 5s this fall. I am wondering how it will be received by various sectors. I think the stock will take a big hit because it shows that Apple is either too imperious to adjust to market conditions or is just not nimble enough to get its products to the market fast. I fully believe very few Iphone 5 owners will upgrade to a spec bump phone. In emerging markets, like China, it will probably be received very well. It certainly is hard to figure. It seems that a lot of people are looking for a slightly larger phone. I hope Apple moves in that direction a little quicker.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It will all come down to the iPh 6 IMO.

Apple will obviously sell millions of 5S's and 6's, but come another 12 months - if the 6 doesn't have some major new features / technology it could all go horribly wrong.

If by horribly wrong you mean millions of pounds of profit then I agree with you. Its true that there are other good phones and OS out there these days, but I doubt the bubble has burst for apple just yet.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Apple's approach isn't that different to those of other smartphone manufacturers IMO. Samsung's designs had far less radical changes in the past. All they do is basically creating phones with different screen sizes. I can't say I'm a fan of how Apple does it though, for instance I don't like the 5's design very much and therefore am quite sure that I'll buy neither the 5 nor the 5S. But well, Apple's sales figures prove that more than enough people like Apple's way, so why should they change it? In the end it's just a phone and the minority that complains tends to be made up of rather young people who you'll never be able to satisfy.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Why not just wait for it to be released and see what happens. No one here can conceivably know how to answer your question. Goodness sakes.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
And here's the early Sunday edition of... If Apple doesn't do this, it's Doomed!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Ah another "if no big screen....Apple is doomed" topic. There should just be an "if Apple doesn't...Apple is doomed" sticky topic at the top of the board.

luobue

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
yeah, No one here can conceivably know how to answer your question. Goodness sakes.
nododafaliho

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Why not just wait for it to be released and see what happens. No one here can conceivably know how to answer your question. Goodness sakes.

Agreed. I'm not sure how the OP came up with "It sure looks like Apple will produce a spec bump 5s this fall." I guess he just doesn't want to wait to get his hate on.:rolleyes:

Ah another "if no big screen....Apple is doomed" topic. There should just be an "if Apple doesn't...Apple is doomed" sticky topic at the top of the board.

Agreed.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
If by spec bump you mean bigger screen, I hope not.

If you mean increased speed and storage, yes please.

Before Apple these types of products were only updated every few years. I'd have no problem if the 5 stayed exactly the same.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
If Google was to just close up and go out of business I would say the spec bump would be welcomed but if Google drops a killer nexus device then it wouldn't be welcomed as much.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It sure looks like Apple will produce a spec bump 5s this fall. I am wondering how it will be received by various sectors. I think the stock will take a big hit because it shows that Apple is either too imperious to adjust to market conditions or is just not nimble enough to get its products to the market fast. I fully believe very few Iphone 5 owners will upgrade to a spec bump phone. In emerging markets, like China, it will probably be received very well. It certainly is hard to figure. It seems that a lot of people are looking for a slightly larger phone. I hope Apple moves in that direction a little quicker.

Of course they won't. Apple doesn't target people that upgrade every year, the main buyers are people with upgrades and people who are going from other platforms to iOS. The exact same thing happened with the 4S. Most 4 users waited for the 5 but it still became the most successful iPhone, until the 5 came along. The same will happen with the 5S.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think the people who are certain apple can screw nothing up and that they will continue to dominate the market and profit until the world ends are just as foolish as the ones that say apple will crumble if the next phone doesn't have x, y, and maybe z.

Company's profits wax and wane. All it really takes is for the market to decide one product or service is better than the other. It's happened before. It will happen again. Simple.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I think the people who are certain apple can screw nothing up and that they will continue to dominate the market and profit until the world ends are just as foolish as the ones that say apple will crumble if the next phone doesn't have x, y, and maybe z.

Company's profits wax and wane. All it really takes is for the market to decide one product or service is better than the other. It's happened before. It will happen again. Simple.

There's too much wisdom in this post for a forum to digest and accept it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.