How will you feel if Iphone 4S successor looks the same?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

How will you feel if on the outside it's an Iphone 4/4S but has LTE, 10mp camera, better flash, A6 duel core, NFC?

2. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I'd be content if it had LTE, improved camera, and the A5X with the same, or improved battery.

We expect so much from Apple, but just those 3-4 things would keep the iPhone on the top tier of smartphones.

3. irDigital0l Guest

I love how the iPhone 4/4S looks but Apple needs to change the design and based on previous iPhone's they tend to do that every couple of years.

iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S

I might look into Android...if there's anything good, but I expect Apple will keep me on the iPhone.

I get to replace my iphone on 10/14 this year so that should we when the next iPhone releases.

4. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

i would start to think apple were getting lazy

5. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I think the above list would make the difference.

Won't encourage Android fans to switch who want larger screen and wiglets.

Camera wise a better flash would be great.

----------

First three Iphones looked the same but they could try an Iphone 4 design with an aluminum back?

6. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

the original iphone didn't look like the 3g? it was silver on the back.

like the aluminium idea, but i think it will be a complete redesign.

7. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Same.

Yet at the same time I have to remember the adage, "if it ain't broke..."

8. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

but was the iPhone 3gs broken? apple needs to keep changing the look to make sure people think lots has changed about the product. But also to keep it fresh.

9. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

That's true.

10. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Apple need to change the design to distinguish themselves from the competition.

i wouldnt even mind if it was thinner and similar to the 4/4S, i just want that damn 4 inch screen so much.

11. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

really now

[​IMG]

12. rockinred macrumors member

I think it would be totally lame.

The reason being is that the original designs on sizes all had to do with brand new concepts of smart phones and capabilities. This field is evolving quickly and it is obvious that aside from putting phone to ear to talk, the phone can use more real estate for daily usage. I am not saying that bigger is always better, but what I am saying is that the verdict for smart phone device that is touch screen states that you need a little more size. Those big phones that look like mini tablets are obviously silly, but that doesn't mean that the original size was the perfect one. The game is evolving and while that original size had its purpose in the beginning. The phones now need some more size.

I am not in the product development segment of phones, but I would be looking for that optimum size that fits both a nice feel as a phone yet still capable of maximizing the other features that the smartphone has evolved to.

13. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

i think that counts as a design change.

14. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

As long as it had LTE with the same or better battery life I'd be okay with it.

15. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Looks the same just a different back.

16. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

I'd be a bit disappointed and honestly if the 4s was a redesign I would have upgraded. But if it doesn't I'd still get it. I have a 4 now and I wouldn't want to keep it for another year.

17. Hosei macrumors member

I wouldn't mind, but hopefully it comes with improved battery and 4G LTE capabilities.

18. coolhands macrumors regular

I would not mind it...
    I mean...what am I supposed to do with all 13 of these cases??:confused:

19. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I don't think I would upgrade if they kept the same design yet again. At that point the Lumia 900 and Galaxy S III would be REALLY tempting lol.

20. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I have an iPhone 4s.

Being from NZ, LTE, NFC won't benefit me at all because they're not used anywhere.

I find the A5, and 8MP camera suffice my needs.

As far as the design itself goes, it defeats the purpose of having a great design when you have to put a case on it to protect it.

I know a lot of people will say that they have their phone naked (I don't care if you have it naked or not), but there are people (including myself) that would rather not have it smash when it has the odd slip out of the pocket, fumble & drop, getting bumped in to etc.... I've had my phone for 4 months now, and I haven't dropped it once (haven't even really come close), but sooner or later it will be dropped, and very likely crack (being made from glass), I'd rather have a case than wasting money to repair it / buy a new one.

21. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I didn't use a case for my 3G iPhone because I felt I could grasp it quite easily naked. With the iPhone 4, it's another story entirely. It's incredibly slippery and I'm essentially forced to use a case simply to have a smartphone I can grip properly. I absolutely hate the glass on both sides. I just picked up an incredibly thin case (Elago Breathe) that thankfully makes it as if I don't have a case at all.

As for the design of the next iPhone. I do expect we will get 4G LTE, and Apple will be forced to keep the iPhone at the same width or (maybe) a touch thicker a la new iPad in order to keep the battery life the same or better while using 4G. As for screen size, who knows really. Wouldn't shock me if it's still 3.5" but like most others I want a 4" retina display. I absolutely don't believe for a second that we'd get anything larger than 4" and any rumor that states anything larger than 4" is utter nonsense.

The truth is I am so content with iOS that 4G LTE alone would keep me on board. But in a best case scenario we'll also get that 4" screen too.

22. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

I will feel empty, disappointed with life. I will feel betrayed, and my fears that apple has gone to the thrash after Steve will have come to fruition.

Then I will realize its just a phone.

(That said, I doubt it will look the same)

23. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

24. cynics macrumors G4

I wouldn't care. If I don't feel it stacks up to another phone I'll get that other phone when it comes time for renewal.

25. Demonface macrumors 6502a

If I was apple I would make all of the iPhones different sizes. I would add LTE for all carriers. Have more than the black and white colors. Add an 128GB iPhone . The smallest screen would be for the 8GB . The only thing would be is that the 128GB would have a 4.3" Screen . The 8GB would be a 3.0" screen. Theres alot more which can be done.