How will you guys deal with lack of jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xgm541, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

With iOS 5 around the corner, how do you guys plan on moving from jb to no jb. I assume some of you will be switching to iOS 5 even if it means losing jailbreak. For me, I am running the gm right now to get used to it. It's hard. :(

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I'll upgrade my iPad to 5.0 on the 12th, but ill keep my iPhone jailbroken until the jailbreak for iOS 5 comes out. I don't suspect it will be long as all the betas have been jailbroken so far.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've never had to deal with a non-jailbroken iDevice. Even since my iPod Touch was jailbroken in 2007, I've had a jailbroken device. Still can't wait for iOS 5 so I can update my 3Gs to it and still have an untethered jailbreak.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I'll grab an 4S so I have the earliest firmware. When the jb is available I wil have the phone in hand.
    I have grown so accustomed to jb the vanilla phone is like a completely different phone to me

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yea I've contemplated this myself.

I'm torn, because the only way to get a 4S before Christmas season would be to pre-order. I say this because it was VERY hard to get an i4 until August/Sept, and now we have more pent up demand (lots of consumers awaiting the new iPhone) and the holiday season as a challenge.

That said, by pre-ordering, I'll get one before anyone else, even the jail breakers! Hopefully the tethered JB will work on i4S .. that will have to hold us over!

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I usually wait until the jailbreak is out before upgrading to the newest firmware

I cant go without using a jailbroken phone

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Just sucks if you're on the 4S which comes with iOS 5 pre installed

8. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

9. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Will go commando with iOS5 for a few weeks and once untethered JB comes, Then ill jailbreak.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    I can wait.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I won't be upgrading until iOS 5 is jailbroken untethered.

12. zipster macrumors 6502

Currently on 4.3.5 (ugh) but on a tethered jailbreak (what's so bad about it? I never turn my phone off... and when I do, it's usually at home, by a computer... a jailbreak is a jailbreak, although untethered is definitely better)...

Not upgrading until a jailbreak is announced. My jailbreak customization is more important to me than iOS 5.

13. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

TBH I find it fascinating that you can use it jailbroken. I jail broke my iPod touch and I hated it! Perhaps I was using it wrong or am not a big enough techy or perhaps I just really like IOS. I bet you that someone is already cracking at the IOS5 so don't worry! Try using IOS4 for a little longer, in a few weeks you will be able to upgrade!

14. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Ive been jailbroken since the original iPhone. This will be the first time I get it launch day even without a jailbreak. However I think I will be alright. Ive slowly started using less and less JB apps as apple has added functionality.

The main 2 things ill miss is BiteSMS QR but hopefully notification center and the faster processor help with that a little and iBlacklist. I get so many telemarketing calls that I have a bunch of numbers blocked. If I wasnt so invested in my phone number for work I would change it.

15. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its untethered on the old bootrom 3Gs. ;) What a joy the old 3Gs' are.

16. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Same way I've always dealt with it: wait the two or three days for the best solution to reappear.

The real issue is changing the SBS gesture so it doesn't interfere with the new Notification Center.

17. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Any chance there will be an iOS5 untethered JB through jailbreakme.com?

or will it be with an updated redsnow?

18. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They have been! All summer! :D

19. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

20. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Another one here not upgrading until the untethered JB is out--whether that takes a week, a month, or a year. As for the 4S, not even remotely considering that upgrade (or the next iPad, for that matter) until they crack that chip & provide an untethered JB for it too. THAT, I expect, may be a far longer wait, given how much trouble they've had with the A5 iPad2.