How will you spend your time with your new iPad on the first day?

RevolvingSheep

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I'm going on a trip to Texas this Thursday. We are spending my wife's birthday on Friday (that's right, launch day of the new iPad) at her Mom's house while we wait for our shipment. We are both getting a new iPad and I am also getting an Apple TV. We will spend 5 days in town and I'll have tons of free time before we head back and College resumes for me.

The number one thing I will be spending my iPad time on will be with music related apps. If you are interested in professional music creation and performance apps on the iPad, check out my thread in the iPad apps forum where I have linked 4-5 really awesome apps.

I am starting a project with an old band mate of mine that is going to be completely recorded, engineered, and performed using our two iPads. So those 5 days will be spent learning my new apps.

What will you spend your time doing on the first day you own your new iPad?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Aside from setting it up and installing all my previous ipad apps, the first day I plan to test out all the features one of them being video like stream to me over 4g service as well as test logmein to see how it'll perform over 4g. I want to also use it for photos so I'll be testing out iphoto and see how nice it'll be to use both iphoto and the ipads screen.

BornToMac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
I'm taking Friday off so I can get everything setup, install Korg iMS 20, and make funky sounds until Monday morning.

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
I'm going to use it with the plastic still on until I can get the case I want (as of right now, it's sold out on the site I want to get it) and screen protector. I hope I can still use it with the plastic still on. Hopefully it's touch sensitive through it.

RevolvingSheep

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I'm going to use it with the plastic still on until I can get the case I want (as of right now, it's sold out on the site I want to get it) and screen protector. I hope I can still use it with the plastic still on. Hopefully it's touch sensitive through it.
The iPhones come with the plastic and you can still touch through them... I'm sure it's the same with the iPad.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I will unfortunately be working most of the day, but I will be sure to get some time with it later at night. First things I will be messing with will be the following:

1) Drooling over the beautiful screen.
2) Installing iPhoto and messing around with all the features on the big screen. I have it on my iPhone 4s, but the screen is a tad small.
3) A little FaceTime just to see how it goes on the iPad. I have never used my iPhone for this and don't think I will use my iPad much for it either.
4) Drool over the screen a little more.
5) Playing some games to test out the better GPU. Coming from the original iPad I can only imagine great things here.
6) Test out Photo Beam from my iPhone 4S
7) Before going to sleep that night I will be sure to drool at least one more time over how beautiful the screen is.

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
it'll probably sit there restoring from my iPad 1 back up for quite a while, then i will
Ha - love it. :) Same here, I'll be restoring from my iPad 2 backup while I keep working from home, then the second it's done, get to tinkering.

Looking forward to pulling out some of my art apps, and then drooling over GarageBand, and then reading (which is probably 90% of what I do on my iPad).