How would I connect my iPad to my tv?

Oragami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I have a 'cord thing' that came with a little video player that I have that let's me connect it to the tv, and I gave it a try with my iPad. It only worked for the audio, even when I tried the 'tvout' option in one of the apps I have that plays videos.

What sort of accessories or apps would I need to get this to work properly?

FastEddiebags

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2012
NJ
I think apple tv might work with the airplay feature but I am not 100 percent sure. Its also 99 bucks so thats a big downside.

Oragami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I think apple tv might work with the airplay feature but I am not 100 percent sure. Its also 99 bucks so thats a big downside.
I don't want to spend that much money to put a video on my computer to my iPad and take to my moms to watch on her tv.

----------

Apple has a couple of adapters, depending on whether your tv has HDMI or composite inputs open.

Digital AV Adapter
Composite AV Cable
If by compost puts you mean the yellow, red, and white plugs, that's what it has.

I shall go to the links you posted! Thanks :3

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Yes, the composite adapter is what you want then. Beware, they are a bit expensive. There are other brands available that should do the same thing for less $$$, but I have not tried them. Like this one from Amazon:

Amazon basics AV cable
Note that even $3 cables like the one at http://www.dealextreme.com/p/premium-usb-data-charging-av-cable-for-all-ipod-iphone-iphone-3g-1-52m-cable-24871 will work if and only if you jailbreak and install Resupported 4.

----------

If by compost puts you mean the yellow, red, and white plugs, that's what it has.
Is that all it has - that is, no red/green/blue plugs or, even better, HDMI or VGA sockets? The two latter would be the best in every respect: the cheapest cable, the best quality, AirPlay & mirroring etc.