How would I connect my iPad to my tv?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Oragami, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Oragami macrumors newbie

I have a 'cord thing' that came with a little video player that I have that let's me connect it to the tv, and I gave it a try with my iPad. It only worked for the audio, even when I tried the 'tvout' option in one of the apps I have that plays videos.

What sort of accessories or apps would I need to get this to work properly?

2. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

I think apple tv might work with the airplay feature but I am not 100 percent sure. Its also 99 bucks so thats a big downside.

3. ScottW1 macrumors regular

4. Oragami thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to spend that much money to put a video on my computer to my iPad and take to my moms to watch on her tv.

----------

If by compost puts you mean the yellow, red, and white plugs, that's what it has.

I shall go to the links you posted! Thanks :3

5. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Yes, the composite adapter is what you want then. Beware, they are a bit expensive. There are other brands available that should do the same thing for less $$$, but I have not tried them. Like this one from Amazon:

Amazon basics AV cable

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Note that even $3 cables like the one at http://www.dealextreme.com/p/premiu...r-all-ipod-iphone-iphone-3g-1-52m-cable-24871 will work if and only if you jailbreak and install Resupported 4.

----------

Is that all it has - that is, no red/green/blue plugs or, even better, HDMI or VGA sockets? The two latter would be the best in every respect: the cheapest cable, the best quality, AirPlay & mirroring etc.