How would I go about making a video of my desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mobius7, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Mobius7 macrumors newbie

with mouse and all. I'm having some trouble with some trash right now.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=459637

And It would be much easier if there was some software that I could use to record a video of my screen so you could see exactly what I was doing. I know there IS, I've seen some on youtube when I was jailbreaking. But what is it? and also I would need to upload it to photobucket.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. Mobius7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found iShowU but I can only use the demo cause I'm not buying anything. But I get the iShowU DEMO in the middle of the screen. But then again it's easy cause it automatically saves to the deskop in A MOVIE FILE unlike jing. but how would I fix that so it works like iShowU?

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

5. Mobius7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got Snapz Pro X but (god this is dumb) how exactly to a record my screen? I dont see a record,play,start button v_v

*edit*

Oh wait, I'm picking up some clues here and there. I know command/shift/3 and then enter but when it goes to my desktop it says its not a movie file. WTF!

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Jing is definitely a good application.

I'm really excited for when Camtasia comes out for the Mac. :)

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I got Snap with the MacHeist bundle. It didn't work very well for me. The vids looked fine until I tried to edit them in iMovie. Then they played back funny. Audio was fine, but the video was horrible. Often just paused on the first screen, and stayed there.

iShowU gets my vote.