How would I go about shipping a monitor sold on ebay?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stateofmind, Apr 2, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Im planning on selling my Dell 2007wfp on ebay and am wondering how I would go about shipping it. I do NOT have the original box and packaging so what do you guys say? Where would I get packing peanuts and "bubble sheet" (dont know what they are called)?

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

i would go to postal annex store and have them pack it .. then you can get detailed shipping rates: USPS / Fedex / UPS ...

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

You don't have a post office around?(USPS):confused:

5. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

The post office wouldn't pack the item...would they?:confused:

6. nhcowboy1 macrumors 6502

First, don't list the monitor on eBay until you have the packing question resolved - you don't want your buyer to have to wait for you to figure this out later.

Second, with so many people selling things on eBay these days, lots of stores now sell packing materials, including styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap. I'd be surprised if there isn't a store somewhere near you that does packing and shipping, but if there really isn't, how about a Walmart? They might well have some of the supplies you need.

Worst case scenario, you can order the supplies you need on eBay. Plenty of sellers have figured out that there's money to be made in packing supplies - and you'll find lots of listings for them. So, if you really can't find anything available locally, you can go this route (and it may be even cheaper than what you'd find locally).

Where I live, the town dump also has a recycling center - and free peanuts and packing boxes are usually readily available. But I don't know if this is common in other locations.

Good luck!

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Find a box that fits your monitor.

Place some newspaper at the bottom of the box and then put in the monitor.

Stuff around the monitor tons of newspaper - tons. Make sure it does not move if you shake the box.

It's better if you use newspaper and foam peanuts.

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Put a plastic bag around the monitor first, then go with peanuts and/or newspaper. Shipping/Packaging material ain't cheap, that's why I always keep all the packaging material I receive.

9. Love macrumors 68000

Love

For some reasons, when you're doing RMA with some companies, you can't use newspaper or peanuts, must be styrofoam or that spongy stuff..