How would you feel about TWO sizes. (3.5" AND 4.3")

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appswipe, Sep 11, 2012.

1. appswipe macrumors 6502

I know a lot of people heavily favor the original 3.5" size, but I'm wondering if it would make sense to ADD a new size instead of replacing the original. With all the talk of "Doubling down on secrecy" then maybe Apple is toying with the rumor mill.

[​IMG]

This way everyone is happy. (Just kidding. I know some people will still be upset, but its just a thread topic :p.)

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

3. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I doubt it will happen would be dumb. I'm sure the keep the 4S for a $99 upgrade though....

4. riveting macrumors 6502

nobody would buy 3.5 if they are the same price, if the 3.5 inch is cheaper, it serve as the same role as the 4s.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I wouldn't mind. Choice is usually a good thing and I think (without actually handling an iPhone 5 yet) that I would prefer the smaller, or current size, phone better. However, I do not see Apple producing both sizes from here on forward.

6. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Exactly! But, if someone wanted the 3.5" iPhone with LTE... then I guess this could work.

7. WEARESAVIORS macrumors newbie

Well they will have two sizes if you count the 5 and the 4S.
    Maybe they'll give the 4S a processor upgrade and LTE like with the iPad.
    Who knows, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

8. appswipe thread starter macrumors 6502

They wouldnt be the same price. Just two options with completely identical internals but two different screen sizes for two different consumers.

I know the idea of choice isnt popular out here but theres enough 4"+ phones out there to make the argument that a single size limits the userbase.

9. JupiterDoc macrumors member

10. Siggen macrumors 6502

I have LOOONG waited on a 16:9 iPhone, so no thank you.

I currently have a 16:9, 4" phone, to bad when I get the next iPhone it will have a larger bezel than the one I have. Mine is the same size as the current iPhone's. Though the upgrade in formfactor would be that my phone is just over twice the thickness of the rumored 7.6mm thickness.

tbh for me I don't care if there is an apple on my products, I have an apple tv thats seen used 4 time as airplay. An iPad that is only used a lot periodically and sometimes not for days(biggest use is to push spotify to my airport express). And a MacBook (main computer) I try not to use cause is sit 7 hours a day in front of the PC at work in a 8 hour work day.