How would you rate the iPhone 5S based on it's features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 10, 2013.

?

From 1-10

1. 1

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. 6

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. 7

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  8. 8

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  9. 9

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  10. 10

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Well honestly I would give it a 7 out of 10.
    If 32GB was the standard I would given it a 8 out of 10. The camera didn't really impress me and the battery did NOT improve in anyway except the 3G browsing. I thought maybe they could had added 1-2 hour more for WIFI.
    I don't even know if they improved that speaker quality. But let me say this....The iPhone 5S should had been the iPhone 5 last year. If they released it last year. It would had destroyed the galaxy s4 even tho it didn't exist last year. I am guessing the iPhone 6 is the iPhone that apple has in super secret. It is suppose to be as amazing as the iPhone 4 was when it came out. I hope Apple can at least WOW us one more time before everything starts to stay constant.

2. mattnotis macrumors regular

I'd give it an 8. If it had a base size of 32 GB it'd be a 9 though.

3. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I gotta say, I do not understand why they refuse to up the storage.

The $100 upgrade for 16GB and 32GB increases (from 16 to 32, and from 32 to 64) is ridiculous. They should absolutely start at 32, then 64, and finally 128 at the same price points. Especially now with the iphone 5C, which is better than the iPhone 5, but with PLASTIC as it's shell.

They can afford to do it. Their customers NEED them to do it. It's just dumb. Especially when you can't expand.

4. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

I bet 6 to 7 months from now we will see a 128gb version.

5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Average customers don't have 5,000+ MP3s to store on their phone. So no... its not needed.

Learn to organize your phone with iTunes instead of being a clutterbug and this won't be a problem. If this is too hard then you can always pay an extra $100 or $200 for more storage.

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Looking at the big picture only a small amount of people actually need or want more than 64gb of storage, that's why they haven't increased the storage options. 16/32/64 is still working for THEM. Will they increase storage eventually? Maybe. But I knew they weren't going to do it for the 5S.

16gb is their highest selling model. Why would they feel the need to axe it right now?

7. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Um, I understand you feel the need to be a douche, but you don't know me and you don't know the average Apple consumer.

I do organize my iTunes, thank you very much. It's not just about music, it's about videos and being able to take pictures and download apps as well. All of this stuff takes up space and sometimes people (like parents) find themselves in the position of wanting to film their children's performances but can't because they run out of storage.

Last I checked, solid state storage costs have come down. The $100 premium to double space is absurd. Maybe you're ok with it, but it is out of line with the industry. It's actually ALWAYs been absurd, but is even more so today since costs are lower than ever.

But you go right along trolling. You have no idea what you're talking about.

8. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I'm on the 5. I'll give it a 7 at best.

I'll upgrade to the 5S, but the only motivation is that Space Grey looks beautiful (I'm on the white 5).

Faster chip, more RAM - welcomed features, but there's nothing that my current 5 can't handle.

Slightly better camera - not something impressive

Fingerprint scanner - I have one on my Lenovo Thinkpad and Acer Aspire. Never cared to use it.

I hope (yes, hope) that the 5S is better anodised. Then I'll buy.