How you got your iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMichael!, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iMichael! macrumors regular

I preordered mine at Best Buy the 14th and at 1:44 AM yesterday they email saying my model didn't come.

Then today I went to a small RadioShack and they only had a 16GB Black model.

So then I went to the RadioShack in the mall and had a 32GB White Verizon and works great.

However the lower signal bar bug is still happening.

iOS 6.0.1 will fix it.

2. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Radio Shack came through for me as promised.It took longer to activate the phone than my roundtrip drive from home.Too bad AT&T activation site crashed but it was expected due to volume.

3. kendu2412 macrumors regular

Got 2 of iPhone 5 today .
    + 16 Gb WHITE : from Sprint store at 8 A.M ( of course get line in the morning )
    + 16 Gb BLACK : pre-order

4. iMichael! thread starter macrumors regular

Let me guess..

Black: Yours

White: Wife's

Me probably wrongz

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

The lines in Portland were super long (apparently, but I didn't check it out myself). But the Verizon store by my house is sorta tucked in the back of this shopping complex. Yesterday I decided to stop in and ask what my chances would look like if they were going to have stock for sale the next day.

They told me that nobody really ever comes to that location on launch day, and that if that tradition held up, I wouldn't have much difficulty getting whatever I wanted.

I showed up about 5 minutes before they opened and there was a small line, I was #10 in the line.

By mid afternoon when I returned to get a case, they still had plenty of stock.

I didn't bother pre-ordering and had pretty much decided that I'd wait till mid-late october to get one. But today was my lucky day apparently?

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I bought two with money :)

That's how I got mine.

7. ChadRClaussen macrumors newbie

ChadRClaussen

preordered late the 14th had a 28th ship date, called a "go wireless" verizon retailer here in oregon today @ 5;15 pm, and they had a 16gb black. Called verizon to cancel preorder. After talking the go wireless guy into trying to update me even though the computer on his end said upgrade used, it went thru activated it and out the door! good day!!!

8. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

My iPhone 5 story.

Pre order said 9/28, so I figured on my lunch break I'd just give the Verizon store a call and see what they said. Guy says yea I've got 3 white 32 gig phones want me to hold one? I said I'm headed your way, walked in no line, lots of people in Verizon shirts, he cancelled my pre-order for me and 20 mins later I was walking out the door. Wife didn't even believe me until I shows up with her new phone!

Anyhow I told him I was glad he had white ones it am the decision easy since I had heard the black ones scratch easily. He said he hadn't heard anything, but asked me where I worked before I left and I told him. turns out there was a discount. so I run back to work, grab my pay check and roll back to the store. When I get back be says, you want to hear something funny, right after you left we got an email from corporate telling us to warn customers the black iPhone scratches easily and to recommend a case.

9. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

I dug up the grave of Steve Jobs himself, dug my fist into his coffin and pulled the phone from his cold grasp with my own hands.

10. kendu2412 macrumors regular

God damn, if you here , i will give your a beer :cool::cool:

11. iMichael! thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks brah.