Howard Stern Nails it About Trump in this Monologue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 2, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

NSFW based on some of the language... But this is pretty much spot on

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This from the guy who pushes women to expose themselves or wrestle in jello for money and mocks handicapped people. Not interested in his opinion.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Do you want to listen to Trump - he's degraded women and mocked handicapped people. Also - it doesn't negate the opinion from being valid.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The inability to dictate outcomes, the requirement to work with others, the mountain of constant criticism (which is deserved), his big mouth/tweet storms when his other methods are lacking, I could see the man who retreats to Mar a Lago every weekend, who vowed never to take a vacation as President, I could imagine him resigning, except for one thing, the impact on his brand and reputation. It was his ego that got him into this mess, and his ego that will keep him there. Howard Sterm is right, Trump has gotten more than he bargained for and is already complaining. Let's see how he is on his one year anniversary, if we are not already a smoking crater.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Trump revealed himself to be another hack political liar. I don't listen to him anymore either. And yes, I understand that a crude ******* can have a correct political opinion but Stern is so vile I don't want to give him any credit at all.
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2017 ---
    I do think that the job was more than Trump bargained for, but I do think he can rise to the challenge.

6. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

How do you realistically differentiate between Trump and Stern? Trump is a male chauvinist, sexual harasser, grab them by the **** when you can, kind of guy, who notoriously mocked a handicapped reporter. :rolleyes:

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Look at post 5. I said I don't listen to Trump anymore either unless I have to do so.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The difference between the two is that Howard Stern doesn't refute or try to pretend he's something he's not. Trump on the other hand...

9. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

"You know, it doesn't really matter what [they] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." Donald J. Trump.

About women: "'You have to treat 'em like s----" Donald J. Trump.

I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing [...] Unfortunately, after they're a star, the fun is over for me. It's like a creation process. It's almost like creating a building. It's pretty sad.” Donald J. Trump.

About the Miss USA pagent: "I’m going to get the bathing suits to be smaller and the heels to be higher" Donald J. Trump.

"You know who's one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She's 6 feet tall, she's got the best body. She made a lot money as a model—a tremendous amount" Donald J. Trump.

“If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.” Donald J. Trump.

About Carly Fiorina: "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next next President? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?

About a 10 year old girl: "I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?" Donald J. Trump, when he was 46.

And you can't handle Howard Stern's irreverence? Please....:rolleyes:

10. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

That's a false dilemma. I can choose not to listen to either one of them.

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

That was not up when I replied to you. So basically your criticism of Stern can be applied to Trump. I agree. :)

12. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

Isn't doing anything for money the most american thing you can do?

Edit: i don't mean this in a bad way

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Stern definitely pretends he's something he isn't. But I'm not that interested in discussing it as I feel Stern is just played out and boring. When I heard him blasting Ellen Degeneres and then a few years later she was on his show and he was licking her boots saying how he loves her dancing on the show I knew he was a shill.

Ultimately Stern is a smut peddler that I have no use for.
    LOL. Nope. That definition puts heroine dealers on the same level as pediatric surgeons and hot dog vendors.

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I listened to all but three minutes and had to cut it short.

Nothing there so far.

Trump had the good life prior to winning. Check

Trump regrets winning. Maybe, but I don't think anything conclusively proves that. Ask Trump that question and listen to his entire answer.

Trump isn't a career politician. That's largely why he won. Of course a profound change in his lifestyle would happen. Check.

Did Trump really think he'd win? Maybe not. But now that he did, I suspect he's going to do what he thinks needs done despite what Nobody in Nowhereville feels.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sigh. Again, see post #5. I don't listen to or respect Trump anymore either.

16. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

But at least he is doing it because thats his gig, he is a shock jock radio personality. I dont think anyone would be voting for Stern to run the country.... Although I'm not so sure about that last statement anymore people did vote for trump.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think Stern is at a higher degree of gross but they are both gross human beings.
    I'm pretty sure at his core Stern is a pig. He just happens to make money being a pig. You don't push women to expose themselves because you respect them at a core level.

18. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I was busy typing all these quotes;) and indeed didn't post #5 before posting, sorry.

19. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Trump mocked handicapped people and war veterans. That didn't stop you from being interested. That's called a major flipparoo.

20. samcraig, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It wasn't set up as an either or. It was set up to show that Trump is the same. Nothing more. Nothing less :)

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

These days it seems so, as compared to post WWII, as a generalization, our greed has gotten the better of our morality. It's most evident in our business practices, from big business to small businesses. For big business when necessary it's cut, cut, cut, but at all coast maintain the Lord and Lady status of our upper management. For small business as far as the eye can see it's franchises utilizing a business model, where the owner gets a house and a nice car, while paying employees less than a living wage. There has to be a better way, but it will mean a shakeup of our economic model, most likely forced by calamity.

22. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

People shouldn't get a pass on doing crappy things just because they make a living at it.

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No. But again my "argument" would be about transparency. Stern is an entertainer who most people know will do/say anything for an audience and he doesn't pretend otherwise. At least not 99% of the time.

He has a lot in common with Trump, for sure. But he also has self-awareness - something Trump seems to be lacking in, or in denial of.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Oh my God! It's like ground hog day up in here. Read the other posts. Look at post #5.

25. daflake macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but we could crash the servers with Stern's garbage. The point is not a comparison of the two, but rather than you have slime calling the president slime. It is pointless drivel at that point. You may find yourself aligning with one or the other, but if you align with Stern, you are just as crude as if you were aligning with Trump. If you give Stern a pass and make him a saint, you really have to do the same for Trump.