Howd that get into our islamic textbook?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, May 8, 2012.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/08/toronto-islamic-school-apologizes-for-anti-semitic-curriculum-likening-jews-to-nazis

Pretty sure this is federally funded and its very weird for me personally to see the government funding religious schools. What a waste. Islam showing how peaceful it is once again by teaching hate and readying kids for jihad.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Someone's gonna call you a bigot in three, two.....

3. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

it seems reasonable that religious schools should NOT be funded by public money, and that -in a public school context- such messages should be unacceptable.

4. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I believe that religious schools should never be funded by the state.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The space they rented was a publicly funded school.

Nothing more.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Stealing property, forcing people from their homes, locking them up in huge camps, removing their rights, treating them worse than animals... Nazi Germany or Israel of today? Impossible to say. Short of the systematic killings, the two countries are quite similar...

It's funny how jewish organizations judge others so fast when it comes to antisemitism, but never says a word about Israel acting like nazis.

7. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You have to be licensed by the Toronto school board to teach or rent spaces in public schools. I can imagine this going over well in one of the catholic schools if they invited the KKK to do Sunday lessons.

This is about as good as the imams using public school cafeterias to lead prayer.

----------

Its funny that it always comes back to Israel when we have plenty of Jewish communities in the west to judge by. By this line of thinking I would be judging all western Muslims by the actions in the middle east. "Hey buddy why you parking your car there, you got a bomb in there?"

8. hafr macrumors 68030

Yes, we have plenty of Jewish communities in the west to judge by. How many of these, that are constantly crying about how badly Jews get treated, also condemns the actions of Israel?

I've seen plenty of muslim organizations condemn actions made by both islamic countries and other muslim organizations...

Saying it's the same as looking at all muslims as terrorists isn't even close to a good analogy.

9. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I've not seen many Jewish people crying about how badly they are treated at all actually. It seems the Palestinian sympathizers may want to see it that way but it is far from the truth. I don't see the Jewish people turning women into subservient beings and training their kids for jihad. I'd even go so far to say the parents and schools likely knew about this garbage but allowed it to continue because it is part of their religion. One of the worst and violent religions currently on the face of the planet.

10. hafr macrumors 68030

Not people, organizations. The story in your own thread is not really uncommon from where I'm standing...

What would they gain from that? You know jews, zionists and israelis aren't the same thing by default, right? It's not like a jew is a jew is a jew...

No, but you see Israel turning their kids against all other people in the world, mainly palestinians (like by having a constitution that could be taken straight from a south african nation a few decades ago), and training them to kill anyone trying to defend what's theirs.

If what Israel is doing would be any indication of what their religion is about (considering they use their holy scriptures as proof that they have the right to do it), I would say judaism is at least equally violent and terrible.

11. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Are you making the assertion that Israel kills more people than jihadists, terrorists, and other organizations in the name of Muhammad? With Islamic nations like Iran warning they will wipe them off the map (or whatever translation you wish to go by) is it any wonder that they blockade supplies from entering Gaza? I mean its not like the Palestinians are firing rockets and would use bombs and other stuff if they were shipped in. No of course not, Islam is peaceful.

12. hafr macrumors 68030

No. By the way, terrorism isn't something only muslims are occupied with, out of the hundreds of terrorist acts in Europe during the past years, only one was due to a muslim - a suicide bomber that only killed himself.

But you apparently know, so can't you tell me and everyone else how many people are being killed by terrorists, jihadists and such in the name of islam? Maybe we can compare it to the number of people dying by the hands of western soldiers in the name of freedom, or by the hands of local warlords in the name of god knows what in other places in the world?

Please refrain from going any further in this discussion, you are clearly clueless. Or maybe you're seriously saying that bandaids and such would make great bombs? Or that Iran is a good image of what Islam is all about?

Your arguments are about as valid as saying that judaism is like nazism because of what Israel is doing to the palestinians...

13. Zombie Acorn, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012

Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Many more than are being killed by the Jewish people in the name of their religion. Google search Terrorist bombing and that should give you some reading material. There's no reason to focus your vision on the western world, we have islamic people bombing others in the name of Muhammad plenty of other places.

Yet even without these imports they are firing rockets over into Israel, I wonder what would happen if blockades were no longer enforced and they let Palestinians import whatever they wanted. Maybe we could have another crazy Islamic regime on our hands.

Iran is simply following the book of their faith and everyone turns a cheek to be PC while the religion turns women into slaves and trains kids to blow themselves up in the name of Allah.

14. hafr macrumors 68030

If it turns out more people die as a result of the "war on terror", would that make USA, France and the rest of the western world taking part in it worse than muslims in your eyes?

Funny thing is, the Palestinians didn't start attacking the Israelis until after the Israelis started with the illegal occupations and so on. It's more than a little weird to claim the blockade is necessary in order to suppress the effects of it... You clearly have no insight into the whole Israel/Palestine situation, so why are you discussing it?

Iran is a good of an example of what Islam is about as the occupation of Palestine is for judaism. Religious nuts leading a country and basing their decisions on old scriptures is a bad idea, no matter what their prophet is or will be called.

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

At the same time it can still be very reasonable. There is nothing wrong with it as long as the schools apply for the funding and the rules for getting/not getting the funding is not effected by religious reasons.

Just like the tax breaks churches get it not based on religion at all.

16. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The key difference here is that they aren't killing for a fictional being, their actions are not justified by an old book, and they are held accountable for their actions instead of appealing to some will of god.

The blockade is necessary because of this: "Suicide bombing is used as a tactic among Palestinian organizations like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade and is supported by as much as 68% of the Palestinian people"

When a majority of your people are dumb enough to support suicide bombing I am not really sure that validating your nation on an international level is a great thing to do. Not to mention if they support killing their own people in suicide runs there's no real telling what else they support.

They are following the book properly, peace on earth = everyone converting (or dieing) to Islam and living peacefully. Islam like most other religions is a blight on human civilization.

17. hafr macrumors 68030

No, much of it was justified by new lies, not old fairytales. I wonder which is worse.

I'm not sure I'm following, are you saying that all people that have died during the war on terror have done something to deserve this?

Cause and effect. If the Israelis hadn't begun their occupation and blockades, the Palestinians hadn't been doing what they're doing. It's like you're punching someone in the face, and then when they get mad and hits you back you keep on punching him in the face because he wants to hit you. Then you lock him in a cage and keep on hitting him with a stick through the bars and say "look at how mad he is, I better not give him any food or clothes".

But yeah, I guess Hitler did the right thing locking up the Jews and occupying half of Europe. Just look at what the resistance was doing to Nazi Germany!

Your defense of the israeli occupation of Palestine must be one of the least informed and most embarrassing piece of text I have ever read in my entire life. And I've read Anders Breivik's manifesto...

...this part comes on a top ten at least.

18. Zombie Acorn, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012

Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You keep commenting without substance and attempt to disregard my statements with an empty call to being ill informed. The moment you show me Jews blowing themselves up for God's will is the moment I will join your side. I have already posted statistics that suicide bombing is supported by most Palestinians. I cannot find fault in Israel blockading supplies from entering Gaza, its like giving a crazy man a box of matches in a barn full of hay. Just admit you are a Palestinian sympathiser, your attempt to appear neutral on the subject is transparent.

I also love how we can't discuss a negative Islamic news story without Israel being brought up.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Lots of Jews aren't great fans of Israel.

20. hafr macrumors 68030

I don't sympathize with any kind of violence, but I do think that Israel brought this **** on themselves. Israel did and does to the palestinians what the nazis did to jews during the second world war. That you condone that says quite a lot about you.

But considering your view of Islam, maybe you feel that it's okay since they're muslims?

----------

I know. Funny thing is, I know more israelis that oppose to the blockades and land occupation than I know non-israeli zionists that do. I guess it's more difficult to close your eyes to how the palestinians are treated when you live in it.

But I was talking about organizations, not individuals. Since being against what Israel is doing makes you a "bad jew", it's not really surprising...