iPad how's the battery life on the iPad 4 compared with the air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ev0d3vil, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Is the air 2 noticeably worser than the fatter iPads?

2. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Actually better, My Air 2 battery life is better than my previous Ipad 4. I got 15 hours on my Air 2, even with a smaller battery than the Ipad 4, the Air 2 Battery is better than my previous and fatter Ipad

3. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Battery life in Air 2 is better than the Ipad 4, I can say that because I owned an Ipad 4 for 2 years.

4. Ev0d3vil thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm for real? How about in comparison with the air?

5. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

last time I owned an iPad 4 was the iOS 6 era, so it did have better battery life at the time. But from what I've heard about iOS7/8 running on an iPad 4, I sounds like the new Air 2 on iOS 8 matches the iPad 4 on iOS 6 - which explains the unchanged 10 hour rating - but with both the iPad 4 and Air 2 on iOS 8, the Air 2 is likely better.

6. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I only had an iPad 2 before I bought the Air 2, so I can't compare it to the 4, but attached is a shot of my Air 2's battery screen. I mostly did web browsing at 40-50% brightness. This is with 8.1.2, so 8.1.3 and 8.2 may be slightly better even. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the battery lasts.

Attached Files:

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I have both in daily use. I can't say that the Air 2 is better than the 4. I think they are rather on par with one another with the 4 perhaps edging out the newer model. The best battery life I ever got was with the original Air by far.

8. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Battery life is the same as the original Air. I dont like the Orginal Air . is ugly, if u upgrade 4 to the Original Air, the weight will be a big difference, but the perfomance is the same as the 4. I can say that because I have a friend that have the Original Air, and there r the same. If u upgrade , upgrade to the Air 2,.Otherwise, the upgrade its not worth it. Antii reflective coating makes difference!!!!!!

9. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Here's mine. I've had every iPad and I don't notice any drop off with my Air 2. It's my go to, most used device.

Attached Files:

10. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Nop they are pretty much both the same, also the ipad air 2 is much lighter but it pops.