How's the iP4 screen in terms of fingerprints?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acfusion29, Jul 11, 2010.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

So we all know how our lovely 3GS's had a nice fingerprint-free screen for the first couple of weeks or so... how does the iPhone 4 compare?

I just realized how badly my 3GS is covered in fingerprints. I don't really care but I'm just curious if Apple has come up with any type of solution.

2. dlemmon macrumors regular

Gets all kinds of finger prints. I can't really tell when the screen is on though, so oh well.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It does not seem any better or worse than 3GS was.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Under the right light it shows them al with the screen off. Like you said, when the screen is on, they pretty much go away.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

It accumulates them, same as every other iPhone. They do seem quite easy to remove, though, just as with the 3GS.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Quite right! Because it's exactly the same!

7. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

The screen is good. It's the back that kills me. So many fingerprints & it's hard to keep it clean 24/7. :(

8. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

its not too bad like the 3g but its still glass which means fingerprints are going to show up. im waiting on powersupports anti-glare screen protector.

9. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

+1

I thought my iPhone 4 was clean one day because how glossy the screen feels until I caught it with the right lighting and screen off. My room tends to be fairly dark all day with the blinders on.

It seemed to resist fingerprints for the first couple weeks. Maybe it was the lighting. Easy to clean though. But I stopped being too anal with fingerprints just like my PSP after awhile. Scratches and cracked screens is something to worry about more. You can't just wipe those away.

As long as my phone works fine, I'm content. I figure this phone doesn't need a jewelry box. Even diamonds have "flaws" and aren't they forever?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Like the 3Gs, the IP4 has the olephobic coating which makes it more fingerprint resistant and easy to clean off.

The downside of this, is that its just a coating that will eventually wear off or scratch off.

Given the haze that it used to produce on my 3Gs, I'd say I'd rather have the fingerprints then the coating.